Thanksgiving is around the corner and if you don’t want to make traditional pumpkin pie, which you might be tired of making every year, I suggest Pumpkin bundt cake covered in lemon cream cheese glaze, accompanied by whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!! Am I getting your attention?!🍧🍰
So let me explain you, why and how did I came out with this recipe for simple, yet elegant pumpkin bundt cake. I am a freak for pumpkins and squashes, I love to blend pumpkins in soups, cakes or prepare squashes at any occasion. Especially when it’s around Halloween, Thanksgiving or at Fall in general. It is actually exactly the right season to bring these vegetables into your kitchen, right?! So I am listing in my recipe book, this old recipe book I have for good 15 years, yes this is how long I have been collecting my recipes. And I stumble upon my grandma’s recipe for creamy bundt cake. No oil and no butter,just eggs, heavy cream, sugar and flour.
I haven’t made this bundt cake for ages. The reason why, is because it’s way to simple to make it! Not reasonable? Yeah, for the first time, you don’t have to be always reasonable 😉 and secondly…well, I like more challenging recipes in order to convert them into simple recipes, so everybody can do them. This time I turned simple recipe into elegant and yummy Thanksgiving dessert and I am particularly proud of it 🙄 Elegant, because the white glaze of lemon cream cheese will cover it as an elegant veil and yummy, because it is moistured with 35% heavy cream and last, but not least, pumpkin puree to highlight Thanksgiving holidays 🦃🍰.
I won’t be taking more time from you than I have to, so here is the recipe for Thanksgivingn pumpkin bundt cake.
for bundt cake
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 & 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 & 1/2 cup of heavy cream 35%
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
for lemon cream cheese glaze
- 1 pkg cream cheese (1cup)
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup confectionar sugar
- zest from one small lemon
- Preheat your oven on 170 C/ 350F and put the rack in the middle position.
- Get ready your bundt pan, butter and flour it.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs with brown sugar on high speed for 5 minutes.
- In another large bowl combine your dry ingredients : flour, baking powder, salt.
- Into the egg mixture, add vanilla extract and on slow speed add only 1 cup of heavy cream. Keep the rest of the cream aside.
- Now add the dry ingredients with spoon by spoon into the mixture and continue mixing on low speed.
- Separate the batter in two batches, in one add pumpkin puree and mix in gently with spatule. If you desire rich orange color, add orange food coloring.
- The other half of batter leave in your mixing bowl and start adding the resting half cup of cream by mixing on low speed.
- Spread the white batter first in bundt pan, then spread the other half (orange batter).
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes. Unmould and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the glaze: In a medium bowl mix cream cheese,left previously for 1 hour in room temperature, with sugar and mix until smooth. Sometimes I have to use hand blender to get very smooth consistency. Add slowly lemon juice and zest from one lemon and cover the bundt cake with the glaze.
And that’s it, you can serve it immediately or keep it in the refrigerator until it is a time to serve. You may accompany the cake with whipped cream or ice cream 🍧🍰 enjoy your cake and the holidays! Happy Thanksgiving 🦃🍰🍧🤗❣