TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
writen by @JuliaRecipes
“This post may contain affiliate links. Please see disclosure page for more information.”
I have been making this recipe or chocolate chip cookies my whole life, oups my whole canadian life. First when I came to Canada, I had no idea, that chocolote chip cookies even exists. We never made cookies in Czech Republic, it was always bundt cakes, jelly rolls, bubble cakes, honey cake, well typical Easter European sweets. But never cookies!
You can imagine, how I had to delightfully freak out, when my husband brought me pastry shop bought chocolate chip cookies for the first time. I loved them so much, that I started to bake my own chocolate chip cookies. For the first time, it came cheaper homemade and secondly, I could make them any time I liked. And of course I know what ingredients I have inside. Which, with store bought, you never know, what they put inside.
This triple chocolate chunk cookie recipe, yes you hear me it’s a chocolate chunk recipe, is very soft and chewy and triple load of chocholate. And the base batter is chocolate as well, did you notice?
You will love this chocolate chunk recipe, because all you will be eating is chocolate, chocolate and chococlate. Sure you can add or subsitute the chocolate for version with nuts. White chocolate and macadamia nuts are one of my favorites. Don’t waste your time and go ahead to try my recipe!
HOMEMADE TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
Preparation time: 30 minutes⭐cooking time: 8-10 minutes⭐ servings: 20-24 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup extra dark cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chunks
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- In a large bowl, combine butter at room temperature and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa and salt.
- Spoon by spoon pour the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Add the chocolate chunks, whisk with spatula and refrigerate the dough for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven on 350°F/170F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop with a help of ice cream scooper, the dough onto the pan ( for bigger cookies, measure 2 scoops).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are slightly crisp, yet soft in the middle. If they are no more sticky (except the chocolate part), it means they are done. If you like them more gooye, leave them in the oven 2 minutes less.
- Take out from the oven and let stand on the cookie grill for 5 minutes to cool down and now you can enjoy them with nice cup of milk!