RAW BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE BARS
written by @JuliaRecipes
“This post may contain affiliate links. Please see disclosure page for more information.”
Everyone should try these amazing raw blueberry cheesecake bars. We love it so much, especial now for upcoming summer season, it is the best refreshing dessert. And blueberries are perfect addition, not only for nice colors, but even for the nice flavor of blueberries.
The base of this raw cheesecake is made from Oreo crumbs, yum, who doesn’t like Oreo right? If you are on gluten free diet, you can find in your local grocery store cookies gluten free. I have made it once for my daughter’s birthday party, because her friend had to follow gluten free diet and it work out just perfectly fine as with the real Oreo cookies.
Before you start the recipe, make sure to take out you cream cheese at least 4-5 hours before you will work with it. Cream cheese is very stiff and hard, when kept in refrigerator and if you leave it on the kitchen counter for few hours, then you won’t have any lumps in the mixture. I also use a hand blender to have the the mixture very smooth, I like perfection 😃.
How to blend together nice blueberry colors ? Very easy, you simply use more, less and non of blueberry mixture and you layer it in baking pan. You have to start with the base cream cheese mixture and then you will have to divide it in 3 equal portions. I used 3 little bowls to divide it. Then you add in each bowl different amount of blended blueberries…I used frozen wild blueberries, because these gives you better richer colors.
The quantity I used for this raw blueberry cheesecake bars was in square pan 8″x 8″ , on the bottom you should always use parchment paper. It will be easier to take it out of the pan and it’s easier even to cut, when it’s out of the pan. This is a raw cheesecake, so no baking is involved yes, only needs to be frozen overnight in your freezer. So, if you are thinking to have these cheesecake bars for your party or gathering, think ahead and prepare you cheesecake bars a day before.
RAW BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE BARS
Preparation time: 15 minutes⭐ freezing time: overnight⭐ servings: 6-8 adults
- 2 large bars cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries (you can use normal or fresh blueberries as well)
- 1 cup Oreo crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Line an 8″ x 8″ square baking dish with Parchment paper. Make sure parchment paper has to stick out of the baking pan, cut it larger, it will be easier to take out the frozen piece of cheesecake from the baking dish.
- Combine Oreo crumbs and melted butter until all crumbs are moist.
- Lightly press crumb mixture into prepared 8″ x 8″ pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Use hand blender for perfect smoothness. Add in condensed milk and sour cream and beat again.
- Add vanilla extract and beat one more time.
- Divide your cream cheese mixture in (3) three equal parts, in smaller bowls.
- With hand blender blend 1 cup of wild blueberries, but use only 3/4 of cup, add it into the first of your prepared cream cheese bowls. This mixture has to be dark purple color.
- Mix it well and place this first layer of blueberry cream cheese layer in baking pan.
- Next, mix the left of 1/4 cup of blended blueberries into your second bowl of cream cheese mixture. This mixture will be lighter, place it onto the first layer in the baking pan.
- Now the last layer won’t be colored with blueberries at all, spread the clear cream cheese layer over the second layer of blueberry cream cheese.
- Now you are done and you need to chill this cheesecake bars in the freezer overnight. Cover it with plastic foil and place in the freezer.
- You can keep it in the freezer until you are ready to enjoy it. Up to 3 months.
- Once you decide enjoying your cheesecake bars, take it out of the freezer, let it stand for 10 minutes and then gently pull on parchment paper to take it out from the baking pan.
- Once out, place it on cutting board and cut with large knife into your desired squares.
- You can top it with fresh or frozen blueberries, I sprinkled mine with maple flakes as well.