PEACH STREUSEL SQUARES
written by @juliarecipes
Summer please don’t go! I don’t want to let you go! Please stay with us for a bit longer! Yes I scream out loud, please don’t go!
And I am taking a full advantage of keeping summer in my kitchen, by making this golden peach streusel cake squares. I want to keep this beautiful odor of baked peach streusel in my kitchen forever! I have never seen my kids so happy, running around the table and asking for some more of peach streusel and of course nice chilled glass of milk.
Yes this I want to keep as a summer memory forever! Do you have a moments in your kitchen, when all the mess is happening and you are swearing, you won’t do it again or something just sets you off and you are upset…and then the odor comes from the oven and everything just goes away…just that very familiar and pleasant odor is in your nose of baked goods. You just don’t want them to go away! You want to keep this moment forever! So this is how I felt when I was making this peach streusel.
No, I don’t want to say, that the recipe was difficult or I messed up something with it, I just found myself in upset mood, I guess kids must have been using a glue in the living room hahaha!!! Actually, this recipe is very easy, you will need just a few ingredients, such as eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder, canola oil and peaches. For the streusel we will need fine sugar, butter and flour.
Do you know what streusel means? It is a crumbly topping or filling made from butter, flour, sugar, and often cinnamon. This time we will left off the cinnamon, because it doesn’t goes well with peaches. So here is how we make a fast peach streusel.
PEACH STREUSEL SQUARES
Preparation time: 20 minutes⭐ cooking time: 30-35 minutes⭐ servings: 28 pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of fine sugar
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 8 large peaches
- 1/2 cup fine sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter in room temperature
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven on 350 F/ 177 C and grease and flour large pan 20″ x 12″ or glass baking dish of similar dimensions.
- Wash and cut the peaches in thin slices, about 0.5″, let aside.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs with sugar for about 5 minutes or until they become creamy.
- Add canola oil, spoon by spoon.
- In another bowl mix flour and baking powder together.
- Add the flour mixture in the egg mixture spoon by spoon and mix well until combined.
- Pour the batter onto the baking sheet and place the peaches slices on the batter. Here you can play with your imagination, if you want to create flower or some patter, feel free and I am sure it will be beautiful. I simply places the peaches slices in a rows. Gently press on peaches to enter them in the batter
- Now it’s time to crumbles. Mix all the ingredients together with your hands; flour, sugar and butter…Squeeze a handful of the streusel mixture in your hand, breaking into small clumps and sprinkling evenly over the peaches.
- Bake in the oven 350 F /177 C for 30 -35 minutes or until the streusel is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes.
Cut into squares 3″ x 3″ and serve slightly warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!