Finally we are having better weather! The sun is getting warmer, birds are singing, nature is slowly, but surely waking up. Here in Eastern Canada we got spoiled with beautiful temperatures this week, so I think I can officially say that Spring (or summer?? It really felt as a Summer season these last 2 days 😀) has finally arrived and we can start to use outdoor kitchen: BBQ!!! And because it’s a spring time, I should bring you fresh, light and healthy recipe and it will be BBQ salmon with baked vegetables. Yum 😋!!
This recipe is not difficult, you will only need to know how to operate BBQ, if that is not in your competence, than you can switch simply from BBQ to the traditional oven. For the seasoning I am always using amazing BBQ Salmon (salt free) from Club House. This seasoning is without MSG (so no worries about that) and it’s plenty of dried herbs and vegetables.
As for baked vegetables, you can use your favorite ones or whatever you have left in your refrigerator. I told you, really easy and delicious recipe. At the time of preparing my salmon dish, I had some broccoli, sweet potatoes, carrots, cauliflower and at the end of the baking I added some dried wild mushrooms.
Here is what you will need for this delicious and easy recipe. Yield: 4 persons.
- 800 g or 2 lb salmon
- seasoning for salmon
- 2 tspn of olive oil
- 1 Tbs of garlic butter
- salt & pepper
- Melt the garlic butter in microwave in small bowl and mix with olive oil.
- Wash and cut the salmon on 4 equal portions.
- Season the fish and with a help of a food brush , spread the mixture of butter and olive oil on the salmon.
- Preheat your BBQ on high heat (375 F or 190 C) and place the salmon pieces, skinless side down, on the grill and cook with closed lid for 3-5 minutes, depending on how thick your pieces of salmon are.
- Flip the salmon pieces now with the skin down and cook for another 2-5 min. or until the salmon pieces are pink ( always lid closed). Try to cut through the thickest piece, to see how well your fish is done. Look for pink color. Do not overcook, your fish would be dry.
- Remove from grill and serve with baked vegetables.
- 1/2 broccoli
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 4 large white mushrooms (or dry wild mushrooms)
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 1 Tbs of butter
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven at 350F/ 177C.
- Clean and cut on small pieces all vegetables.
- Place them (except mushrooms) on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Season and pour over melted butter with olive oil.
- Mix with your hands and bake for 20-30 min, depending on the thickness of the vegetables.
- For the last 10 min of baking, add mushrooms on the top of the vegetables.
And there you go, you can serve delicious BBQ salmon with baked vegetables.
This is my favourite food!
Salmon is so tasty! 😋
Yes it is, I love it, mostly grilled yum! 🙂
Thank you darling!!!:-))