These nutritious breakfast vegetable muffins are perfect for busy weekday breakfast or snack. Simple wholesome ingredients, with real grated cheese like mozzarella and Parmesan and fully loaded with vegetables.
I am official calling these muffins as a staple recipe, because not only we love these breakfast vegetable muffins so much. But because, they are quick to make for weekday breakfast or afternoon snack. They are easily freezable and my whole family loves them.
And did I mention how versatile these cheesy vegetable muffins are? You can stir in any vegetable, any cheese, ham, sausage, etc. Think of anything you have in your fridge or freezer.
And of course, you can eat it anywhere….in the school, at your desk, in the car, pack them for your trip to the beach. Perfect protein packed in a small muffin on the go. These muffins are so fluffy, tasty and fulfilling at the same time.
Breakfast vegetable muffins are packed with protein
Once, you will try this recipe, you will not be able to stop making these for every Sunday brunch. And don’t forget to make more, so you can have some leftovers for Monday or other days. These vegetable muffins ar easily freezable.
That’s what I do, I usually double the batch and freeze it. It is a perfect snack for kids for school, because it’s packed with vegetables and so needed energy from eggs.
- mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- green peas
- red and yellow bell peppers
- baby spinach
How to make these savoury muffins
- Always have your oven preheated before you start mixing the batter. Temperature for the oven is 350 °F/ 177°C and place the rack in middle position.
- First we will get together all the dry ingredients. Sift the flour. Sifting flour will help to break the unwanted lumps in the batter. Sift all-purpose flour into a large bowl and add all dry ingredients. Baking powder, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese (grated) and give it a quick stir.
- In another large bowl crack the eggs and whisk them quickly with a fork. Cut the bell peppers on a small cubes and add them together with green peas and carrots. At the end and spinach.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well with spatula.
- Spray with vegetable oil the regular 12 muffin tin and place paper muffin liners. Spoon the batter into a muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Helpful tools for making savoury muffins
For this recipe, you will need all the ingredients below written, plus regular muffin pan. I use Wilton non-stick muffin pan for 12 muffins. Also, a great helper is ice cream scoop, while scooping the dough inside the muffin pan. Don’t forget to grease your pan before using it or use cupcake paper liners.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe and most importantly enjoy it together with your family!
- LEMON BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- APPLE STREUSEL MUFFINS RECIPE
- MOIST CHOCOLATE MUFFIN RECIPE
- HOMEMADE BELGIAN WAFFLES RECIPE
- CHOCOLATE ALMOND BABKA RECIPE
“THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE DISCLOSURE PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION.”
BREAKFAST VEGETABLE MUFFINS
- 2 cups mozzarella grated
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup (360 ml) milk 2% Fat
- 1 cup (160 g) green peas frozen or fresh
- 1 cup (149 g) mix of red and yellow bell peppers chopped
- 1 cup (110 g) carrots grated or chopped
- 1 cup (30 g) baby spinach
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F/ 180 °C on middle rack position.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, add baking powder, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and give it a light stir.
- In another large bowl, whisk the eggs and add green peas, carrots, red & yellow bell peppers and spinach.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine well with spatula.
- Place paper muffin liners into the muffin tin and spray them with vegetable oil. Spoon the batter into a muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Let the muffins rest for 10 minutes in a tin, then remove the muffins from the tin and serve warm with garden salad.
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.”