This classic brownie recipe is our family favourite. These brownies are the richest & decadent classic brownie recipe I have ever tried and these are all homemade. The light crisp on the top and fudgy and soft inside. I swear, my family eats every crumb which falls from their piece.
Fudgy brownies are the best!
Mmm, brownies! Who doesn’t love these fudgy chocolatey, big or small squares. Brownie comes in many shapes, they are mostly squarish and are thick or thin. Full of decadent melted chocolate or even chocolate chips inside. Some are even using filling, like cream cheese to top the brownie game.
This recipe for the classic brownies offers that simple and decadent rich texture, creamy fudgy inside and crinkly top. This is one of the simplest recipes how to make brownies. You almost throw everything in a bowl, mix and bake.
How to make fudgy brownies?
So the whole trick with fudgy brownies is “do not overbake” the brownies. If you bake these brownies only 5 minutes later, they become cakey style brownies and you don’t want that.
Preheat the oven to 325°F/170°C. The oven has to be hot, so we can achieve the crinkly top. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan and line the bottom with a parchment paper. I am using classic Wilton brownie pan and it gives 8 squares of brownies.
Before starting to mix all the ingredients make sure all is in room temperature. Especially eggs. Prepare large bowl and combine eggs, brown sugar and salt. Mix all this with hand mixer or in your stand mixer until the mixture is smooth. Set this aside.
Now it’s time to melt butter and chocolate. I use for both microwave and I start first with butter. Use glass or microwaveable bowl and melt the butter. I usually melt butter about 1 minute. If it’s not well melted, stir and add it again in microwave and try another 30 seconds. All this on 100 % power. Also make sure to cover the bowl, so the butter doesn’t splash all over the microwave.
Add melted butter in the egg and sugar mixture and continue to whisk until well combined. Now it’s time to melt the chocolate. In the microwave oven, melt the chocolate (at power 70% for 1 minute) stir well and if it’s not well melted, return it to microwave for another 30 seconds. Once the chocolate is well melted, add it into the mixture and alternate with sifted 1/2 cup of flour. It is very important you sift the flour, the brownies will be smoother.
Pour this batter in prepared pan, lined with parchment paper and bake for about 23 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with a few lumps and not completely clean. Because ovens vary, I would suggest opening the oven at 23 minutes of baking and insert the toothpick. If the texture is really runny, just give it another 2- 3 minutes. If the toothpick comes out with lumps, it’s done!
Remove the pan from oven and let cool in the pan for about 1 hours. For those who can’t wait, carefully reach for your dreamy brownie after 30 minutes of cooling, otherwise you are going to burn your tongue!
After one hour cooling, remove brownies from pan and cut into 9 equal squares. We usually devour it before I can scoop out some ice cream, but yes with vanilla ice cream melting over the brownie is an amazing idea 🙂
I am a big fan of all chocolate cakes and homemade treats, that involve choco choco, so here are some more homemade recipes I have tested for you, that includes the most favourite ingredient: CHOCOLATE:
- NEW YORK CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- CHOCOLATE ALMOND BABKA
- NUTELLA PUFF PASTRY TWISTS
- NUTELLA SWIRL CHEESECAKE NO BAKE
- VALENTINE’S CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH CHERRY FILLING
- NO-BAKE TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
CLASSIC FUDGY BROWNIES
- 8 x 9 inch pan
- 1 cup milk chocolate melted
- 3/4 cup (175 g) unsalted butter; melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (62 g) all- purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/170°C. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan and line the bottom with a parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, salt, and whisk until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Add melted butter and continue to whisk until well combined. In the microwave oven, melt the chocolate (power 70% for 1 minute) stir and add it into the mixture alternating with flour and stir until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan, lined with parchment paper. Bake for 23 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with a few lumps and not completely clean.
- Let cool in the pan for about 1 hours. Remove from pan and cut into 9 squares. Serve as is or with ice cream.