This sausage sheet pan dinner is the easy way of preparing your weekdays dinners. Toss everything you will find in your refrigerator on a baking sheet pan and sit down and wait for a delicious meal to come out of the oven.
Back to school time is here! And I am already a little worry, what will I prepare for dinner during the busy school weeks ? Something that won’t require too much of preparation and cooking time. And I don’t need to stand in the kitchen after a long day at work. If you are like me, you rather have a quick meal ideas planned in advance. How about some great recipe for one pan sheet dinner ?
Little spoiler: scroll down, and you will find more delicious ideas for “One Sheet Pan dinners” for your busy weekdays.
I got you covered (and multiple times!!) with this easy and quick one pan sheet recipe, where simple & seasonal ingredients are the key to a perfect and easy weeknight meal.
What sheet pan to use?
Everybody already has a simple baking sheet pan for making cookies right? But not all sheet pans are the same and not all are suitable for baking heavier meals in it. Let me show you what pans are best to use for this one sheet pan dinner.
Nordic Aluminium sheet pans are the best to be used for sheet pan dinner. Their dimensions are 17.88 x 12.88 x 1.06 inches, which allows to be used for heavier meals, such as holding veggies and meats together.
Wilton baking sheet pans are very shallow. Their dimensions are 15.25 x 10.25 x 0.75 inches, which would cause your food fall of the pan. I would not recommend these type of pans for one sheet pan dinner.
If you don’t have any baking sheet pans at home, you may use Dollar store Aluminium disposable pans or deep oven dish.
How to make one sheet pan dinner with garden vegetables and sausages
Everybody must have some potatoes and seasonal vegetables in their refrigerator these days, so simple dinner is coming up. I used my garden vegetables in this recipe, because my garden vegetables are in it’s their peak at the end of the summer.
And I am growing lots of zucchinis, tomatoes, eggplants and peppers, so that is why these veggies are the base for this one sheet pan dinner. As an addition of protein I used Italian sausages, which I just randomly bought, because it was on special. But you can use stripes of chicken breasts, pieces of pork loin or lean turkey meatballs. This whole one pan sheet will cook under 45 minutes and doesn’t require too much work either.
Ingredients for one sheet pan
- red bell pepper
- yellow bell pepper
- purple onion
- Italian sausages
- salt & pepper
- carvi seeds (similar to cumin seeds)
- olive oil
This dinner shouldn’t take you more than 1 hour including the preparation. Washing and cutting the veggies might take about a little 15 minutes. Then you place all the vegetable on parchment paper, spray or drizzle with some olive oil, season with salt, pepper and additional seasoning; best seasoning for potatoes is “carvi seeds” or rosemary. On the top of all these veggies, cut & place 2″ inches long pieces of Italian sausages and bake in the oven, 350 F / 177 C for about 30-45 minutes. And voilà in less than 1 hour you have your dinner ready to be served. How easy does this sound?
More sheet pan dinner ideas
As I have promised at the beginning of the blog, I do have multiple recipes for one pan sheet dinner. Thank you, Sarah from Slice of Honey, for organized this fun collaboration, where other talented ladies have created these easy & delicious one pan sheet dinner recipes.
SHEET PAN SHRIMP FAJITA by Sarah from Slice of Honey
SHEET PAN HARISSA CHICKEN WITH BROCCOLINI and CHICKPEAS by Indie from With Spice
SHEET PAN BBQ CHICKEN MEATBALLS VEGGIES by Laura from Ways to my heart
CURRIES PORK CHOP SHEET PAN RECIPE by Nick from Blogtastic Food
SHEET PAN ITALIAN MUSHROOMS AND GARLIC BREADSTICKS by Will from Hangry White Male
SHEET PAN GNOCCHI AND SAUSAGE by Mansee at One Girl One Kitchen
SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS by Melissa from Keeping it Simple Blog
DUKKAH AND PARMESAN CHICKEN TRAY BAKE by Teresa from Cupcake & Couscous
“THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE DISCLOSURE PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION.”
More recipes you might like
- THAI SHRIMPS IN COCONUT CREAM
- EASY BEEF KOFTA KEBABS WITH TZATZIKI
- THE BEST SWEEDISH MEATBALLS
- ITALIAN PORK SHANK OSSO BUCO
- BEST APPLE SMOKED PORK RIBS
EASY SHEET PAN DINNER WITH SAUSAGE, POTATOES & VEGGIES
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 purple onion
- 4 Italian sausages
- salt & peppercarvi seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Wash and cut all the vegetables on the desired length and shape. I sliced potatoes, bell peppers and purple onion lengthwise, the rest of the vegetables (zucchinis, eggplants) slice as rounds.
- Preheat oven to 350 F/ 177 C and place parchment paper on the bottom of baking sheet.Place the vegetables on the baking sheet by layers and season and spray with olive oil each layer.
- Start with potatoes, season generously with salt & pepper, add carvi seeds (or your favorite seasoning) and spray with olive oil.Next layer is zucchini and eggplants. Repeat the same seasoning and spray with olive oil. T
- he following layers do not require more seasoning, thus light spray of olive oil would add more moisture. Add layer of bell peppers, purple onion and sausages cut in smaller 2" size pieces.
- Place the whole sheet pan in the oven and bake on 350 F/ 177 C for about 35 – 45 minutes. Test the potatoes first, these would cook the longest. If potatoes are cooked, all the rest of the vegetables and sausages are cooked.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and let it stand for 5-10 minutes to cool down a bit. Now you can serve this one pan veggie and sausages for the dinner.
- You can accompany this dish with hummus sauce or any other dipping sauce, such as ketchup and mayo mix is very popular in my house.