Ginger lemonade is amazing refreshing beverages for summer! If you love classic lemonade, then this beverage is for you! Adding a few pieces of ginger to make classic lemonade, will bring this beverage to another level! Ginger lemonade will help you to boost your immune system and more!
Why is ginger good for you
Ginger is very beneficial for:
- Reducing inflammation
- Boost your immunity
- Relieving nausea
- Reducing gas and improving digestion
- Supporting cardiovascular health
Not only it’s beneficial to your health, it also tastes great when added to your hot or cold beverages. Ginger is also used in many dishes or in baking. See these recipes where Ginger is used:
Recipe that uses ginger
- THAI SHRIMPS IN COCONUT CREAM
- THE BEST PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE
- TURMERIC GOLDEN-MILK LATTE
- SIMPLE WONTON SOUP
- CLASSIC PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
Everybody will love this lemonade
When my kids ask for lemonade I always prepare it with few pieces of ginger in it. If you blend ginger with the lemon drink, you won’t even realize there is some ginger in it. It’s a perfect way to sneak in some healthy ginger in kids Lemonade.
As a sweetener I used honey in this recipe for Ginger Lemonade, but you can use your favourite sweetener, such as maple syrup, stevia, agave syrup and many more. If you prefer it without any sweetener, simply omit this ingredient, your Ginger Lemonade will still be delicious and refreshing.
Trick and tips for ginger lemonade
- Use fresh lemons, this is going to give the best flavour and the right Vitamin C you need.
- Use blender & good thin mesh strainer. This will eliminate the pits and large pieces of ginger.
- Peel the ginger with spoon, this way you remove the minimum of the ginger skin and more ginger is left for you.
- Freeze a lot of ice, in hot summer day ice is going to be your best friend next to the glass of fresh Ginger Lemonade.
- Grab few leaves of Mint, this will add up extra freshness and great scent to Ginger Lemonade.
How to make ginger lemonade
To make the refreshing drink with lemons and ginger you will need only few ingredients; ginger, freshly squeezed lemon juice, honey or other sweetener, ice cubes and water. Peel the ginger with spoon and cut on small pieces with knife. Put it aside. Squeeze the lemon juice straight into the blender, add pieces of ginger and blend until perfectly smooth. Add honey and blend for another few seconds.
Prepare a lemonade carafe and fill it with ice cubes. Over mesh strainer, strain the ginger pulp. Remove and discard the pulp left in the strainer. Add filtered water and serve in glasses garnished with slice of lemon and mint leaves.
- 4 inch ca. 10 cm long (80g) fresh ginger
- 1 cup (250 ml) of lemon juice (3 large lemons)
- ½ cup (125 ml) honey
- 3 cups (700 ml) ice cubes
- 6 cups (1.5 litre) water
- Peel ginger with spoon and cut on small pieces with knife. Put it aside.
- Cut and squeeze the lemon juice from lemons straight into the blender. Add pieces of ginger and blend until perfectly smooth. Add honey or other sweetener and blend for another few seconds.
- Prepare a lemonade carafe and fill it with ice cubes. Pour the ginger pulp over mesh strainer inside the lemonade carafe.
- Remove and discard the pulp left in the strainer. Add filtered water and serve in glasses garnished with slice of lemon and mint leaves. Enjoy!