GREEN FRUIT PLATTER
written by @juliarecipes
Are you hosting and event or are you invited to a potluck or simply want to impress your kids with playful fruit platter? In this post you will find an inspiration how to make a fruit platter in beautiful green color.
Lately I am being obsessed creating colorful fruit, veggie or cheese platters. I find it’s very creative, impressive and it attracts eyes of anybody who pass by. Plus it’s a healthy snack and kids will love it (adults too :-).
What fruits to use
- honeydew melon
- green apple
- green pear
- green grapes
- green kiwi
- avocado (yes avocado is considered as fruit)
These are the fruits I have used to create this green fruit platter. But there is other green fruit, which can be used, depending on the season, such as mini kiwis are very cute or green figs are very tasty.
What tool you need to shape and cut the fruit
- sharp fruit knife
- cookie cutters in shape heart, flower, tulip and star
- wooden board
First you need to start of washing all the fruits, even if you will be removing the skin of an apple or any other fruit, please make sure you wash all fruits in lukewarm water. You can contaminate easily your fruit by cutting through with a knife. Safety first.
You can do the same with pear and honeydew melon. I cut pears in oval shape, so you can clearly see, that it’s a pear. Lime is easier to cut as round slices and starfruit already has a shape of a star. Cut out your whatever your desired shapes are. If you have cut and shaped all your fruits, you are ready to assemble fruit platter.
How to create the shape of avocado rose? Very simply, make sure you have firmer avocado, it is easier to work with. Cut avocado in half, remove the seed and peel the skin off. Be careful not to damage the avocado flesh. Use sharp knife and cut thin slices horizontally through the avocado. Spread gently the pieces away from each other, creating long line. Start turning the end of avocado towards inside to shape a rose. There is plenty of videos on you-tube channel, how to shape an avocado rose, if this tutorial is not clear for you, so you can check it out 🙂
How to assemble fruit platter
- start with larger pieces of fruits, such as apples, pears and honeydew melon
- place larger pieces in the center and in the extremities of a wooden board
- next step is medium sized fruits, kiwi, grapes, avocado, lime
- last step is to place all small cut outs from honeydew melon, apples
- at the end place delicately the smallest pieces of fruit and starfruit
Use your imagination and creativity, you can play with the fruits and place them your way!
Last important thing is to splash the whole fruit platter with lemon or lime juice, so the fruit won’t turn yellow or brown. Unfortunately fruit oxidize and best time to prepare the fruit platter, is just few minutes before serving it, that will assure you to have beautiful and radiant colors on your platter.
GREEN FRUIT PLATTER
Preparation time: 20 minutes⭐assembling time: 15 minutes⭐ servings: 2-4 persons
- 2 green apples
- 2 green pears
- 1/2 medium size honeydew melon
- 2 green kiwis
- 3 small tassels of green grapes
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 lime
- Wash and rinse all the fruit in lukewarm water, grapes are recommended to immerse for 5 minutes in lukewarm water.
- Cut the fruit in your desired shapes of heart, star or flowers.
- Place the larger fruits first on wooden board, following smaller pieces o fruit.
- At the end splash a bit of lemon or lime all over the fruits, so it doesn’t brown.
- Enjoy healthy snack!
Pin this recipe for later!