These cute little mini brownie cupcakes are perfect for tea party or any special occasion. Enjoy these two-bite sized brownies as a snack or pair them with scooped vanilla ice cream and you have a perfect mini dessert.
Mini brownie in cupcake version
Brownies again!! Isn’t that amazing that with one recipe you can make so many varieties. Brownies with white chocolate, with dark chocolate, caramel, cream cheese… and so many others endless possibilities. This one is just plain brownie, more cakey version. If you would rather make the soft gooey version, here is the link for the recipe of gooye version of brownies.
In my previous post I was writing about a gooey version of brownies baked in a square pan. This time it will be about the cakey version of brownies, and we will be making them into mini brownie cupcakes. It is a lighter version of brownies, but still with chocolatey taste. We are still using real chocolate and will be adding also processed Dutch cocoa powder for intensive chocolate taste.
These mini brownies are perfect for small bite snack or for kids birthday parties. You can sprinkle them with confectioner powder or top them with chocolate buttercream or with fresh fruit.
How to make mini brownie cupcakes
Make sure you have your mini cupcake tin ready with paper liners, before you start mixing the ingredients. Also, the oven should be preheated to 350 °F / 177 C (middle rack). I recommend also spray liners with cooking spray, because the batter always sticks to the liners.
Take a large microwaveable bowl and melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave. Press heat at 70% and then microwave for 1 (one) minute. Stir the chocolate and continue melting for another 1 (one) minute with the same method. If the chocolate is not melted after the 2 (two) minutes, then continue microwaving until it melts and it’s smooth. Stir after each one minute interval.
In another large kitchen bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt and set aside. Take melted butter and whisk it in the melted chocolate altogether with granulated sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking after each addition until well incorporated. Now stir in the flour mixture and using a wooden spatula, gently incorporate the flour.
Spoon the brownie batter into muffin liners, filling cups almost to the top. It will be about 1 tablespoon in each tint. Bake in preheated oven to 350 F / 177 C, for 10-12 minutes, or until the brownie cupcakes top is set. Cool the mini brownies for 5 minutes in the tins and later turn them out onto the kitchen counter. Place it on white plate and dust with confectioners sugar or decorate with chocolate buttercream.
- CLASSIC BROWNIE RECIPE
- OREO CHEESECAKE CUPCAKES
- CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES FOR VALENTINES DAY
- BITE SIZE MINI BANANA CHEESECAKES
- BLACK FOREST CUPCAKES
MINI BROWNIE CUPCAKES RECIPE
- 1 cup (230 g) unsalted butter (melted)
- 4 ounces (115 g) unsweetened chocolate or chocolate chips chopped
- 1 cup (120 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (25 g) unsweetened cocoa powder preferably Dutch-processed
- 1/4 teaspoon (2 g) salt
- 2 cups (200 g) granulated sugar
- 4 large (200 g) eggs
- vegetable-oil cooking spray for the liners
- 2 tbsp (16 g) confectioners/icing sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 177 C (middle rack) and line mini–muffin tins with liners. (24 mini muffins pan) Spray liners with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in large microwaveable bowl, 1 minute at 70%. Stir and continue melting with the same method, until it's all melted and combined. Stir after each one minute interval.
- In large kitchen bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt, set aside.
- Whisk in melted butter and chocolate granulated sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking after each addition until well incorporated.
- Stir in flour mixture and using wooden spatula, gently incorporate the flour.
- Spoon the brownie batter into muffin liners, filling cups almost to the top. It will be about 1 tablespoon in each tint.
- Bake in preheated oven to 350 F / 177 C ,for 10-12 minutes, or until the brownie cupcakes top is set.
- Cool for 5 minutes in tins and turn out onto kitchen counter.
- Place it on white plate and dust with confectioners sugar if desired.