These amazingly easy Nutella Puff Pastry Twists are just perfect for Valentine’s Days. Who doesn’t love Nutella® hazelnut spread? Try making these light and crispy puff pastry twists, dusted with confectioner sugar. Quick and easy little treats for any occasion!
Nutella Puff Pastry recipe
Not much of a time for getting some sweet treats for Valentine’s Day? Or just loving simple and quick recipes for crunchy sweet bite of puff pastry and Nutella® hazelnut spread? Then this is exactly what you are looking for. We will be making the simplest and pretty delicious dessert in a matter of few minutes. Or as my hubby says: best puff pastry with Nutella!
Advice of a busy mom: Stock up on frozen puff pastry!
This is a simple and quick recipe. But as a busy mom, working full time, I am always running last minute with desserts. And if you have noticed, I always stock up on frozen puff pastry. Why ? Because we love eating puff pastry. And most of the time, frozen puff pastry comes from my local grocery store. And guess what happens, when it’s on sale. Yes I grabbed few, and it comes super handy in times like this.
Ingredients for Nutella Puff Pastry
Only five ingredients and you are good to go!
- Pre-roll Puff pastry ( Pepperidge farm or Tenderflake)
- all-purpose flour
- Nutella® hazelnut spread with cocoa
- Confectioner sugar
This is seriously all you need for this Nutella pastry recipe.
How to make Puff Pastry Chocolate twists
As I said this recipe calls for few ingredients, usually already sitting at your pantry or freezer. Puff pastry approximately 500g (two packages of 250g in my local store), jar of Nutella (250 g) or you can open the bigger jar, spoon and licking is optional 🙂 1 medium egg to get puff pastry shiny and golden, plus little of confectioner sugar for dusting.
On the side, you can use strawberries, as you see on the picture. It is refreshing while alternating the bites in between Nutella® pastry and strawberries. Oh, yes coffee is mandatory, not on the picture, but right after the photo shoot I dipped a few pieces in my coffee, and it was amazing!
How to roll and twist the puff pastry
Preheat oven to 350 °F / 177 °C). Roll out dough, cut in squares, spread Nutella® hazelnut spread, roll and making the twists. If you do not have pre-roll puff pastry dough, roll the dough on lightly floured work surface into very thin layer. And cut the squares about 6″ long and wide. I make from one sheet 4 Nutella® Twists.
Spread generously (about 1/2 cup) of Nutella® Hazelnut spread on all 4 pastries squares, leaving 1/2″ border around all the edges. Roll all four pastries individually into a log and cut them in half lengthwise. Carefully twist together the two pieces to form a braid, pinching the ends together to hold the braid in place.
Repeat the filling with Nutella® hazelnut spread, rolling and braiding process with the second sheet of puff pastry, then arrange the twists on the baking sheet. In a small bowl, brush with egg wash on the top of the twists.
Bake them on baking sheets with parchment paper for 20 to 25 minutes or until they’re golden brown and cooked through. Remove the twists from the oven and allow them to cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking sheet before serving. Dust with confectioner sugar and serve.
I love making puff pastry designs, you can check this cute Puff pastry hearts filled with strawberry jam.
More puff pastry desserts
- VALENTINES STRAWBERRY HEARTS
- PARMESAN STICKS
- POPPY SEEDS & CHOCOLATE BABKA
- THE BEST CZECH APPLE STRUDEL
- PLUM GALETTE WITH ALMOND FILLING
NUTELLA PUFF PASTRY TWISTS
- 1 package (500 g) frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour, for dusting work surface
- 1 cup Nutella® hazelnut spread with cocoa
- 1 medium egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F / 177 °C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold one sheet of the puff pastry onto a lightly floured work surface.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into 4 equal squares (approximately 6" long and wide). Spread 1/2 cup of Nutella® hazelnut spread on all 4 equal squares of pastries, leaving a 1/2-inch border around all the edges.
- Roll the pastry filled with Nutella with your hands into a small logs. Cut each of the logs in half (lengthwise). Take both halves and place them next to each other on the working surface, filing facing up. Start twisting the halves together by placing the right half over the left one, making sure the filling is always facing the top. When you finish twisting, you can pinch the ends together to hold the Nutella twist in place.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining puff pastry and Nutella® hazelnut spread. Then place the Nutella twists on the baking sheet, covered with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a small bowl or mug, whisk a medium egg with a fork and then brush the egg with a brush on the top of the Nutella twists. Bake in preheated oven, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they're golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the twists from the oven and allow them to cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking sheet. Dust it with confectioner sugar before serving.
Pin this recipe for later
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.”
OMG yes please! These sound deliicous!Who doesn’t love Nutella!!!
Yes, so true, who doesn’t love Nutells 🙂
A quick and easy snack. Best when having a kids party. Nutella is an any time favorite.
Totally agree on kids parties, my kiddos loves these any time! Thank you 🙂
Yum! I love Nutella! And these remind me of the bakeries in Germany.
Thank you Jessie:) So happy to hear, that these Nutella twists brought you back some memories from Germany!
I love how easy this recipe is. My kids love Nutella so it’s a winner here!
I can see that, my kids are also going crazy for Nutella 🙂 Thank you!