Who doesn’t love Nutella® hazelnut spread? Try making these amazingly easy nutella puff pastry twists. Quick and easy little treats for Valentine’s Day or any other day!
Nutella’s twists are perfect as a quick treat
Not much of a time for getting some sweet treats for Valentine’s Day? Or just loving simple and quick recipes for crunchy sweet bite of puff pastry and Nutella® hazelnut spread? Then this is exactly what we are looking for. We will be making the simplest and pretty delicious dessert in a matter of few minutes. Ready, set, go!!!
Advice of busy mom: Stock up on frozen puff pastry
This is simple and quick recipe. As a busy mom, working full time, I am always running last minute with desserts. And if you have noticed, I always stock up on frozen puff pastry. I love homemade puff pastry, but this time frozen puff pastry from my local grocery store was on sale, so I grabbed few and yes now it’s the golden hour to use it.
How to make Nutella twists
As I said this recipe calls for few ingredients, usually already sitting at your pantry or freezer. Puff pastry approximately 500g (two packages of 250g in my local store), jar of Nutella (250 g) or you can open the bigger jar, spoon and licking is optional 🙂 1 medium egg to get puff pastry shiny and golden, plus little of confectioner sugar for dusting.
On the side, you can use strawberries, as you see on the picture.It is refreshing while alternating the bites in between Nutella® twists and strawberries. Oh, yes coffee is mandatory, not on the picture, but right after the photo shoot I dipped few pieces in my coffee and it was amazing!
How to roll and twist the puff pastry
Here I am demonstrating rolled out dough, cut in squares, spreading Nutella® hazelnut spread and rolling and making the twists. If you do not have pre-rolled puff pastry dough, roll the dough on lightly floured work surface into very thin layer. And cut the squares about 6″ long and wide. I make from one sheet 4 Nutella® Twists.
Spread generously (about 1/2 cup) of Nutella® Hazelnut spread on all 4 pastries squares, leaving 1/2″ border around all the edges. Roll all four pastries individually into a log and cut them in half lengthwise. Carefully twist together the two pieces to form a braid, pinching the ends together to hold the braid in place.
Repeat the filling with Nutella® hazelnut spread, rolling and braiding process with the second sheet of puff pastry, then arrange the twists on the baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk the egg then brush it on the top of the twists.
Bake them for 20 to 25 minutes or until they’re golden brown and cooked through. Remove the twists from the oven and allow them to cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking sheet before serving. Dust with confectioner sugar and serve.
Love easy puff pastry recipes
- VALENTINES STRAWBERRY HEARTS
- PARMESAN STICKS
- POPPY SEEDS & CHOCOLATE BABKA
- THE BEST CZECH APPLE STRUDEL
- PLUM GALETTE WITH ALMOND FILLING
NUTELLA PUFF PASTRY TWISTS
- 1 package (500 g) frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour, for dusting work surface
- 1 cup Nutella® hazelnut spread with cocoa
- 1 medium egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F / 177 °C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold one sheet of the puff pastry onto a lightly floured work surface.
- Cut the sheet into 4 equal squares (approximately 6" long and wide). Spread 1/2 cup Nutella® hazelnut spread with cocoa on all 4 pastries, leaving a 1/2-inch border around all the edges.
- Tightly roll up the pastry into a small logs. Cut each the log in half lengthwise then carefully twist together the two pieces to form a braid, pinching the ends together to hold the braid in place.
- Repeat the filling with Nutella® hazelnut spread, rolling and braiding process with the second sheet of puff pastry. Then arranges the twists on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg then brush it on the top of the twists. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until they're golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the twists from the oven and allow them to cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking sheet. Dust it with confectioner sugar before serving.