The best CHEESECAKE EVER is the one with Nutella. And because the February 5th is #WordNutellaDay what better occasion, then this one to make this delicious and smooth Nutella swirl cheesecake. And it’s no bake.
If you are somebody, who loves ultra smooth cheesecakes, with graham crackers base and extra thick Nutella swirl on the top, then this is the recipe just for you. No bake, means less hassle with water bath or cracks in the middle of the cheesecake.
And I just love these beautiful Nutella swirls on the top of the cheesecake. This cheesecake is going to be perfect for any occasion; birthday, Christmas, Easter, or Mother’s Day. Or for me, excellent for World Nutella Day!
And the best part, is that it’s super easy to make and it takes just few ingredients. Graham crackers, butter sugar, cream cheese, whipping cream, Nutella and vanilla extract. I am using 8″ springform (20 cm) and always lay parchment paper on the bottom of the springform and small stripes of parchment paper around the edges.
Always start with the graham crumbs for the crust and use medium bowl to combine them with sugar and melted butter. Graham crumbs are classic base for any cheesecake. I have made many recipes for cheesecakes or bars with graham crumbs Lemon Cheesecake, Pumpkin spice cheesecake tart, Blueberry cheesecake bars, and have always been using one brand of graham crumbs and it’s Christie. They always have the finest crumbs and you can find them in any grocery store. If you can find graham crumbs, you can buy graham crackers and swing them in food processor until fine crumbs.
The graham crust needs to be pressed tightly to the bottom of the springform. For this recipe, I am not adding graham crumbs on the edges. To achieve even level of the graham crumbs, use a cup of jar to firmly press on the bottom of the springform. Let chill in the refrigerator.
Filling is the best part, I bet you will lick your spoon at the end, if not the whole bowl! Have the cream cheese at room temperature, so it’s easier to mix it. I am also sometimes using hand blender to achieve the smoothest texture of cream cheese. But this should not be necessary if your cream cheese will be taken out at least 2 hours from the refrigerator and let at room temperature.
Cream cheese needs to be whipped well until smooth, together with sugar and vanilla extract. Whipping cream on the other hand needs to be very cold before whipping it, otherwise it will not be thick enough. Chill even your mixing bowl and wire attachment in the refrigerator before whipping the cream.
Fold the whipped cream in cream texture with wooden spatula and divide the mixture in two. Fold 1/2 cup of Nutella in half of the mixture. Keep in mind another 1/2 cup of Nutella will go on top of the cheesecake as a swirl. Layer the cream cheese mixture into the springform and tap the springform on the counter, so the layer is even. Repeat the same with Nutella cream cheese mixture.
At the end, heat the remaining 1/2 cup of Nutella in microwave for 15 seconds or until it’s thinner. This is the only way how to make the swirls precisely. With sticky and thick Nutella is not easy. Use knife or toothpick to make zigzag round motion to create swirls on the top. And ta-da, you just need to wait another 6 hours, so you can taste a piece of this heaven. I know, not easy the waiting time. But do you remember, when I was saying you might be licking the spoon and the whole bowl while preparing this Nutella swirl cheesecake? Yes, now it’s the time.
Once the cheesecake is well chilled, remove the edges if the sprigform and the parchment papers from the cheesecake and cut on 2″ pieces and serve. I wish I would have one in the freezer. Yes you can freeze the leftovers (if there is any left) in air tight container, up to 3 months. In refrigerator, it can last up to 3-5 days, as well in air tight container. Enjoy!
NUTELLA SWIRL CHEESECAKE NO BAKE
Makes about 8-10 servings
- 2 cups of graham crumbs (or 25 graham crackers)
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
- 3 pkg (750g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (200 ml) whipping cream (35% fat), cold
- 1/2 cup (140g) Nutella
- 2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (65g) powdered sugar
- ½ cup of Nutella, microwaved
- Place the graham crumbs and sugar into a medium bowl. Add melted butter and combine.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a greased 8 inch (20 cm) springform pan using the back of a cup. Refrigerate until the filling is prepared.
- Prepare the filling. In a mixing bowl place the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- In another bowl mix the cream until soft peaks form. Gradually fold the whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Divide the mixture in two. Fold Nutella in one half of the mixture.
- Place the mixtures into the prepared pan on two layers. Start with cream cheese mixture, then add Nutella mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture. Slam the sprinform pan on the counter top to spread the mixture.
- Microwave ½ cup of Nutella for 30 seconds or until liquid. Pour Nutella over the cheesecake in round motion, then use a knife or toothpick to create swirls on top.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or even overnight to set.
Pin it for later: