Oreo cheesecake cupcakes are everybody’s favourite birthday party dessert. Crunchy bottom Oreo cookies with smooth cream cheese filling and topped with creamy sweet whipped cream. Great dessert for any occasion.
Who doesn’t love Oreo cookies!
Oreo cookies are everybody’s favourite cookies. Dipping in the milk, let it soak and then that delicious bite. Yummy!!! Oh yes, I have a confession; I love Oreo cookies and I can not lie!
And now imagine mixing Oreo cookie crumbs with cream cheese. My heart is and more my tummy will be on a cloud nine. The explosion of smooth cream cheese mixed with Oreo crumbs is the best combo ever! I think you are definately with me!
If you don’t know yet, I am a big cheesecakes fan, that’s why you will find so many recipes for cheesecakes on my blog. So the combination of famous Oreo cookies and cream cheese is the best ever!
Oreo cupcakes are worth making in large batch
My recipe calls for 12 Oreo cheesecake cupcakes. I used to make these cupcakes in a double batch, which will give you 24 cupcakes, but a recent survey showed me that for some of you it might be too much, and so I have decided to rewrite the recipe for only 12 cupcakes. You can always easily double the batch.
Can I make Oreo cheesecake cupcakes in advance?
Yes you can. You can follow the whole recipe until the baking and chilling process. Once the cupcakes are chilled, wrap them individually in food foil and place them in airtight container or ziploc bag. You can freeze these cupcakes (without the whipped cream) in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you decide to serve them, take them out of the freezer a night before you will serve them. Just before serving them, whip the heavy cream and decorate them.
How to make Oreo cheesecake cupcakes
For the crust
If you will be using Oreo crumbs (easy way) it’s very quickly done. Just mix the Oreo crumbs with melted unsalted butter and press 1 tablespoon (approximately) in each muffin liner and press it to the bottom with the spoon.
If you will be using Oreo cookies and crushing them in a food processor, then you can either remove the cream from the cookies and continue adding melted butter and pressing the mixture into the bottom of the muffin liner. But if you are going to leave the cream on the cookies, then add first only 1 tablespoon of butter into the crushed Oreo cookies. Combine it with the butter and if the crust already looks like a wet sand, you won’t need to add the additional second tablespoon of butter. Press the Oreo mixture into the bottom of the muffin liner, as previously said.
Place the muffin tin with the Oreo crumb mixture in the preheated oven to 350 F/ 180 C and bake for 5 minutes.
The filling is very creamy and crunchy with pieces of Oreo crumbs. In a large bowl of an electric stand mixer, whip the cream cheese until smooth and add in sugar and eggs, one at a time. Mix well until the eggs are well incorporated and the texture of the cream cheese is smooth. Add vanilla extract and the additional crumbs, mix to combine.
Now your ice cream scooper will come handy. Scoop the filling in the lined cupcake pans with a help of ice cream scoop and bake the cheesecake cupcakes for 20 minutes in the preheated oven to 350 F/180 C.
Remove the muffin tin carefully from the oven and let cool down the cupcakes on the stove top or place it on a wooden board. Once cooled to room temperature (it will take about 30 minutes) then cover the muffin in with food foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, before decorating with the whipped cream.
In another large bowl of electric stand mixer, start whipping the heavy/whipping cream on slow speed at first. Then increase the speed to medium. Once the whipping cream starts to thicken, add confectionery/ icing sugar and continue mixing until stiff peaks. This will happen very quickly, do not over whip the whipping cream.
Place the whipped cream into a piping bag with Wilton tip no.1 and pipe nice double swirls onto the cupcake. Cut in half 6 Oreo cookies to decorate the cupcakes. Enjoy with a cup of milk.
More cheesecake recipes
- NO BAKE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE BARS
- PUMPKIN PIE SPICE CHEESECAKE BARS
- KEY LIME CHEESECAKE TART RECIPE
- BITE SIZE MINI BANANA CHEESECAKES
- NUTELLA SWIRL CHEESECAKE NO BAKE
- RUSTIC PRESSED COTTAGE CHEESE CHEESECAKE
“THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE DISCLOSURE PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION.”
OREO CHEESECAKE CUPCAKES
- regular muffin tin with 12 openings
For the crust
- 1 ½ cup (150 g) Oreo crumbs or 18 pieces of Oreo cookies crushed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 ½ pkg (375 g) full fat cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup confectioner / icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup (35 g) Oreo crumbs or 4 pcs of Oreo cookies crushed
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioner / icing sugar
- 6 Oreo cookies cut in half
For the crust
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat oven to 350F/180C and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix Oreo crumbs with melted butter and press 1 tablespoon of the Oreo crumbs into each cupcake paper liners. Bake the Oreo crumb mixture in the muffin tin, in the preheated oven for 5 minutes at 350 F/ 180 C.1 ½ cup (150 g) Oreo crumbs, 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a large bowl of electric mixer, whip the softened cream cheese until smooth and add in gradually icing sugar and eggs. Mix it well until the eggs are well incorporated and the texture of cream cheese is smooth. Add vanilla extract and the Oreo crumbs and mix to combine.1 ½ pkg (375 g) full fat cream cheese, 1/2 cup confectioner / icing sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 2 medium beaten eggs, 1/2 cup (35 g) Oreo crumbs
- Scoop the cream cheese filling in the lined muffin tin with a help of an ice cream scoop. Bake in the oven, for 20 minutes at 350F/180C.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven and let cool the cupcakes for 30 minutes on the kitchen counter (use a wooden board to place the muffin tin on while cooling). Then cover it with food foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In another large bowl, start whipping the heavy/whipping cream on low speed at first, then slowly change to the medium speed. Once the whipping cream starts to thicken, add confectionery/ icing sugar and continue mixing until stiff peaks. Do not over mix the whipping cream. Place the whipped cream into a piping bag with Wilton tip no.1 and pipe swirls onto the cupcake.1 cup heavy or whipping cream, 6 Oreo cookies, 1/2 cup confectioner / icing sugar
- Decorate with half Oreo cookie. Enjoy with a cup of milk.
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.”
This looks delicious and simple! One question, your photo shows bits of oreo cookie crumbs in the cheesecake but the directions are not saying to fold any in. Was this step missed or just something you did when you made them?
Hi Lisa, thank you so much for pointing this missing ingredient. Yes, of course more Oreo cookies or crumbs, the merrier :)…. must go in the filling as well. I have updated the recipe. Let me know how did you like them, happy baking! Julia.
The best Oreo cheesecakes I have had so far. Perfect ratio of sweetness and it all taste like Oreo! Very pleased with this recipe, thank you!
Glad to hear this positive feedback, thank you Maria!