Simple, quick and delicious prosciutto appetizers like prosciutto crostini topped with slices of figs and pieces of goat cheese with walnuts is going to be your next to go party appetizer.
Any occasion prosciutto crostini appetizer
I am coming back to my favourite prosciutto appetizers! Again figs and goat cheese, DELICIOUS! Yes I love the combination of sweet figs and strongly pronounced salty taste of goat cheese. If you follow me on Instagram, you must have surely seen many pictures lately with figs and goat cheese.
Appetizers should be fairly easy. You don’t want to spend your whole day preparing difficult appetizer. This appetizer, which is called crostini, which is pieces of toasted bread served with a savoury topping. The word itself comes from Italian language, so often you will see crostini served with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, but also with different kind of cheese and cold cuts.
Goat cheese pairs well with prosciutto
In this case I have pared prosciutto, goat cheese and figs. I have also added another special ingredient, to pair well the pronounced taste of goat cheese, and it is walnuts, and why? Because roasted walnut becomes slightly sweet and that compliments very well to goat cheese.
Prosciutto adds the flavour
Prosciutto will savour the toast with meaty flavour (depending on what kind of prosciutto you will use, it will also make the toast moist and crispy), and the heavenly taste of sweet fig and salty goat cheese, hmm it’s a heaven!
Simple ingredients for this prosciutto appetizers
- Baguette (white round French bread)
- Sliced prosciutto
- Goat cheese
- Fresh figs
- Parsley or arugula
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
If you are not too much into goat cheese, any kind of soft cheese will work. You can try brie or Camembert cheese. Also, other different fruit and nuts will work as well. If you need to use your pecans, pine nuts or
I won’t talk much anymore, because you really have to try this prosciutto appetizers to judge yourself. So here is the easy recipe for crostini appetizer. This recipe will make enough of crostinis for 4 persons (15-20 pieces).
More recipes for appetizers
- CREAMY CHEESE BALLS BITES
- EASY BRIE BITES WITH PUFF PASTRY
- ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE
- BAKED FIGS WITH GOAT CHEESE
- CAPRESE STYLE TOMATO & MOZZARELLA APPETIZER
- 1 large baguette white round French bread
- 100 g prosciutto of your choice
- 100 g creamy goat cheese
- 5 fresh figs sliced
- 1 tbsp parsley or arugula chopped
- salt & pepper
- ½ cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven on 350F/177C.
- Cut the baguette (white round bread) diagonally, about 1" inch thick. Place it on baking sheet, covered with parchment paper.
- With a kitchen brush, brush the olive oil, over the pieces of baguette & season with salt and pepper. Place slices of prosciutto, sliced figs, spread a bit of goat cheese and sprinkle with roughly chopped walnuts.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese starts to melt and baguette is lightly golden brown.
- Top with fresh parsley or arugula for the decoration.