I am coming back to my favorite appetizers! Again figs and goat cheese hihi! Yes I love the combination of sweet figs and strongly pronounced salty taste of goat cheese. If you follow me on Instagram, you must have surely seen many pictures latetly with figs and goat cheese.
Appetizers should be fairly easy, you don’t want to spend your whole day preparing difficult appetizer. This appetizer, which is called crostini, which is pieces of toasted bread served with a savory topping. The word itself comes from Italian language, so often you will see crostini served with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, but also with different kind of cheese and meat.
In this case I have pared prosciutto, goat cheese and figs. I have also added another special ingredient, to pair well the pronounced taste of goat cheese and it is walnuts, and why? Because roasted walnut becomes slightly sweet and that compliments very well to goat cheese. Prosciutto will savor the toast with meaty flavor (depending what kind of prosciutto you will use, it will also make the toast moist and crispy), and the heavenly taste of sweet fig and salty goat cheese, hmm it’s a heaven!
I won’t talk much anymore, because you really have to try this appetizer to judge yourself how good it is. So here is the easy recipe for crostini appetizer. This recipe will make enough of crostinis for 4 persons (15-20 pieces).
- 1 large baguette (white round bread)
- 100 g prosciutto of your choice
- 100 g creamy goat cheese
- 5 fresh figs (sliced)
- parsley or arugula
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven on 350F/177C.
- Cut the baguette (white round bread) diagonally, about 1″ thick.
- Place on baking sheet, covered with parchment paper.
- With a kitchen brush, brush the olive oil, over the pieces of baguette, season with salt and pepper.
- Place pieces of prosciutto, sliced figs, spread a bit of goat cheese and sprinkle with pieces of walnuts.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese starts to melt and baguette starts to be golden brown.
- Top with fresh parsley or arugula for the decoration.
I guarantee you, that your appetizer will be done on no time and your guests or just yourself will be pretty impressed with your work!👌😀
Please do not hesitate to comment below, I will always gladly respond on your suggestions or help out with (if any) trouble with this recipe. Bon appetit! Julia Recipes 💕.