EASY BRIE BITES WITH STRAWBERRY SPREAD
These brie bites with delectable Intense strawberry spread from Bonne Maman are incredibly easy and quickly made. It's a delicious appetizer for upcoming holidays or any special occasion.
Servings: 24 pieces
- 1 jar (175 ml) Intense Strawberry spread room temperature
- 2 sheets (450 G) Puff pastry thawed
- 1 (8 oz) (230 g) Brie cheese chilled
- 1 small Egg room temperature
- 1 tbs melted butter for muffin tin
- 1/4 cup Chopped pistachios For garnish
Preheat oven to 375 F / 190 C.
Butter 24 mini muffin tins and cut puff pastry sheets into 3 x 3 inch squares with pizza cutter.
Cut brie cheese on slices 1/4 inch thick and 1 inch long. Place them on the puff pastry squares.
Place the puff pastry squares with brie cheese inside the muffin tin and brush the edges of the puff pastry with an egg wash.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until pastry corners becomes lightly brown.
Let cool puff pastry for 5 minutes and top the brie bites with Intense Strawberry spread (1 tsp in each bite) and garnish with chopped pistachios just before serving!
- Usual store bought puff pastry is sold as 2 sheets of 1.1 lb (450 g), which will give 24 pieces. (I was using commercial grade puff pastry and one sheet gave me 20 pieces.) This is why you see only 20 pieces cut-outs of puff pastry.
- If you decide using different dough than puff pastry, for example phyllo (filo) dough or crescent dough, please follow the instructions for baking on their packaging.