We have a Father’s day this weekend in Canada, so i thought it is my obligation to give you an idea, what would be the best meal to prepare. What all fathers, grandfathers and all mankind would appreciate. SMOKED BABY BACK PORK RIBS, yes sir!
And plus, now it’s the BBQ season “hallelujah”….sing-sing along with me…because this doesn’t only means, that man will cook (exceptionally not for Father’s Day), it also means, less dishes, less saucepans, less utensils to wash….again “hallelujah”!!!😂 All right, let’s go back to planet Earth😀…. In this recipe I will show you how to prepare pork ribs in less then 90 min.Yes in real words ninety minutes. You heard me! In 90 min!!!! This is actually the fastest ribs I have ever done, in record time, under 90 minutes. And I think I should get a patent for this recipe😂😂.
OK yeah you are like what is she talking about, is she crazy? No, i am not crazy and yes I will show you right now, how I do it!! However, you will have to take out a special weapon and it’s “PRESSURE COOKER”, you are probably hiding it somewhere, forgotten, under your sink, in the basement or in the garage??!! 😁. Yes, that pressure cooker you haven’t used for years. And yes, that’s the secret weapon for the fastest pork ribs recipe, done under 90 min!
Do you still have your mouth open and turning your head from left to right?! Or, are you laughing and saying, is she real? Who uses pressure cooker in these days?! Well, I do! It’s a perfect weapon for fast meals. And I kinda never understood the slow cooker actually. Why? We are living in a fast pace society and we use slow cookers?!?“Hello”?!? Don’t worry, your pork ribs will have amazing smoky,BBQ flavor, because we will use BBQ as well. Remember, what i said at the beginning of this recipe, it’s a BBQ season.
OK, so now, when you understood that we will really, but really use pressure cooker, i will give you a few hints, on how to prepare or better say how to clean the ribs first. You will need to wash the ribs first under running cold water. Dry it with paper towel and with a help of butter knife, try to remove the white membranes on the back of the ribs. Doesn’t need to be perfectly remover, there will always be a little membrane left on the ribs. You will have to fit the ribs in the pressure cooker. How to do that: Depending on how big your pressure cooker is, cut them on portions 3 or 4 ribs at a time.
If you want your ribs to have smoky flavor, use Hickory smoke in liquid, you will find it in every grocery store. Two very important ingredients are garlic and BBQ sauce. You can buy already made BBQ sauce or you make your own. And i prefer my own, which if you wish to use, then the recipe of my BBQ sauce, is below here:👇
Well enough of blah blah and let’s cook, your man is expecting you to deliver today☺.
For the ribs:
- 2 full racks baby back pork ribs (1,5 kg or 4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic ( minced)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbs hickory liquid smoke
- 2 cups water
- 1 large onion
- 2 Tbs canola oil
For the BBQ sauce:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hickory liquid smoke
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 Tbs of mustard
- 1 cube of chicken bouillon mix (Knorr)
- First clean and wash the Baby Back Ribs. Remove the white membrane from the back of the ribs with a knife. Use butter knife and help yourself with paper towel, membrane is slipping through the fingers.
- Season the Baby Back Ribs with salt, pepper, red paprika and rub minced garlic in the ribs. I don’t use chili seasoning in this recipe, but if your man requires chili, then put some chili on the ribs.
- Get ready your secret weapon: Pressure Cooker.
- Reheat (high heat) 2 Tbs of canola oil and sear the each section of the ribs (both sides), approximately 1 min each side. Once seized, remove it from pressure cooker. Cut onion on big pieces and add in pressure cooker. Add water, liquid smoke and place the ribs in the pressure cooker. You can stack them on each other, as pressure cooker will cook them equally in the vapor.
- Close the lid of pressure cooker carefully, check if safety button is on right position and cook first high for 15 minutes and then turn on medium heat and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let naturally release the vapor ( it will take about 5-10 min). Open the lid carefully.
- While you pressure cooker is cooking your ribs, you can get ready BBQ sauce.
- Place bouillon cube in medium bowl and pour over hot water. With a help of fork mash the cube and add all other ingredients for BBQ sauce, stir with wooden spatula.
- Now you have 2 options. You either preheat you BBQ or oven.
- Oven: Preheat oven 450 F/232 C, place the ribs carefully on baking sheet and pour over BBQ sauce. Bake on higher potion of oven, for 20 minutes or until the sauce starts to caramelize.
- BBQ: Reheat BBQ on medium heat, place baby back ribs directly on the BBQ and brush the ribs lightly with BBQ sauce. Turn the ribs on other side, only once the BBQ sauce lightly starts to caramelize (in about 2 minutes). Repeat 3-4 times. If your ribs are already very tender and starts to fall apart, then use this technique only once.
- Finishing touch: leave a bit of the BBQ sauce to brush the ribs before serving.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or french fries. Cabbage salad or few pieces of marinated polish pickles is a must.
- Of course don’t forget some BEER(S) 🍻CHEERS and Happy Father’s Day!!