No bake blueberry cheesecake bars are the perfect dessert option. Unlike the traditional cheesecake bars, these are no-bake, eggless and without gelatine. You can make them gluten-free and vegan with the choice of gluten-free chocolate crumbs, vegan cream cheese and butter.
What are no bake blueberry cheesecake bars?
Everyone should try these amazing no bake blueberry cheesecake bars. We love them so much! They are very appreciated by my family, especially now in the summer. It is the best refreshing dessert I have had in a long time! And blueberries are so tasty! Perfect addition of fruit to the sweet treat, not only for the nice colours, but even for the nice flavours.
What should you expect when making these bars. The bottom base is made from Oreo crumbs. Another favourite of my family! I bet you like Oreos too! Who doesn’t like Oreo cookies right? If you are on gluten-free diet, look for gluten-free chocolate cookies or any gluten-free graham crackers will work.
I have found gluten-free chocolate cookies in my local grocery store and made it once for my daughter’s birthday party. One of her friend had to follow a certain gluten-free diet, and it worked out just perfect. No one had noticed, that it wasn’t real Oreo chocolate cookie crumbs.
Ingredients for blueberry cheesecake squares
For the crust
- Oreo cookie crumbs
- unsalted butter
For the cream cheese bars
- cream cheese
- sweetened condensed milk
- sour cream
- vanilla extract
- fresh lemon juice
- frozen or fresh wild blueberries
For their vivid colours and also the pronounced taste, I suggest using wild blueberries.
How to make no bake blueberry cheesecake recipe bars
Prepare your ingredients
Before you start this recipe, prepare all your ingredients. Make sure to take out cream cheese at least 1 hour before you will be making this blueberry no bake cheesecake. If you will be preparing it during winter time, or you live in a colder climate, let the cream cheese stand a little longer on the kitchen counter. During winter times it might take up to 2 hours for the cream cheese to soften. Cream cheese is usually very stiff and hard, when taken out of the refrigerator, but because it has high fat content, it softens quickly, in a warm room.
If you are in hurry and need to speed up the process, you can soften cream cheese, by opening the package, placing the cream cheese on a plate and cut it in cubes. By exposing all the surfaces of the cream cheese to the room temperature, it softens quickly. In about 30 minutes it should be soft. Don’t try to soften cream cheese in the microwave. I don’t have a good experience doing it. The middle of the cream cheese will turn into liquid, and you won’t be able to use the cream cheese at all.
And why do we need to soften the cream cheese? Not to have any lumps in the cream cheese filing and smooth texture.
Oreo cookie crumb crust
Get ready baking pan, before you will start mixing the cream cheese. Cut out 2 (two) pieces of Parchment paper 14 inches long and 8 inches wide, for square baking dish 8″x 8″. The reason why the parchment paper is longer, is that it will simplify the frozen piece of cheesecake to take out from the baking dish.
In a medium bowl, combine Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter until all crumbs are moist. You can use a food processor to combine well those two ingredients. Lightly press crumb mixture into prepared 8″ x 8″ pan.
If you happen to have Oreo cookies only in your household, then use 12 of Oreo cookies and crumb them in a food processor. You don’t have to remove the cream in between the cookies. Continue by adding the butter and follow the rest of the recipe.
Smooth cream cheese filling
With a hand mixer, in a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Use hand blender for perfect smoothness, if you desire. Add in condensed milk and sour cream along with vanilla extract. Beat until well combined.
Divide the cream cheese filling in 3 (three) equal parts. I used medium-sized cereal bowls to divide the cream cheese. Set aside. Take one cup of wild blueberries and place them in a blender. (I used the blender cup for one portion of smoothie). Blend the blueberries until smooth consistency. Be careful, you don’t want to stain yourself or the kitchen counter, because wild blueberries do really had deep purple colour and stain.
Use only 3/4 cup of the blended blueberry sauce and add to the first bowl of prepared cream cheese. This mixture will become our base, dark purple colour. Stir with spatula until it’s well combined and place this first layer of blueberry cream cheese in the baking pan. The Next layer will be lighter. Mix now the leftover of 1/4 cup of blended blueberry sauce into your second bowl of cream cheese. And combine well with spatula. Pour it delicately onto the first layer of blueberry cream cheese filling in the baking pan.
The last layer won’t be coloured with blueberries at all. Simply spread the last layer of cream cheese on the top of the lighter blueberry cream cheese filling.
Freeze the cheesecake bars
This cheesecake bars need to be frozen overnight. Cover well the baking pan with plastic foil, (put elastic over the foil) and place it in the freezer. Freeze the bars for at least 6 hours or best overnight.
Serve sprinkled with maple flakes
To serve the cheesecake blueberry bars: take them out of the freezer, let them stand for 10 minutes on the kitchen counter and then gently pull on parchment paper to take them out from the baking pan. Place them on a cutting board and cut with a large knife into 9 squares. You can top them with fresh or frozen blueberries, whipped cram, or I sprinkled mine with maple flakes.
How to make deep hues of purple blueberry layers ?
How to create these beautiful layers and deep purple hues ? Very easy, you simply divide equally the cream cheese filling into three bowls, and add more or less of the blueberry sauce in the cream cheese filling.
Best is to use wild blueberries. Wild blueberries have that rich purple colour. Fresh blueberries from farms don’t have unfortunately these beautiful hues of purple. It might be hard to find fresh wild blueberries in your region, so look for frozen wild blueberries. I have used frozen and fresh blueberries to test this recipe and both came out equally delicious. You can see that I used fresh farm blueberries only for decorating purposes.
Products I used for this recipe
“THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE SEE DISCLOSURE PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION.”
More cheesecakes no bake recipes
- NO BAKE NUTELLA SWIRL CHEESECAKE
- STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE MOUSSE
- TRIPLE LAYERED CHOCOLATE NO BAKE CHEESECAKE
- STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE BITES
- BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE POPS
NO BAKE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE BARS
- Baking pan 8×8 inch
- 1 cup (100 g) Oreo crumbs or 12 Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Cream cheese mixture
- 2 & 1/4 cup (500 g) cream cheese bars room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
For the crust
- Line an 8″ x 8″ square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine chocolate Oreo crumbs and melted butter until all crumbs are moist. Lightly press crumb mixture into prepared 8″ x 8″ baking pan.
Cream cheese mixture
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in condensed milk, sour cream, vanilla extract, lemon juice and beat again. Divide this cream cheese mixture in (3) three equal parts and set aside. (Use medium size bowls.)
- Take one cup of wild blueberries and place them in a blender. Blend the blueberries until its smooth blueberry sauce. Use only 3/4 of the cup of the blended blueberry sauce and add it into the first of your prepared cream cheese bowls. Combine it well with spatula and place this first layer of blueberry cream cheese in baking pan.
- Next layer; mix the leftover of 1/4 cup of blended blueberry sauce into your second bowl of cream cheese. This mixture will be lighter. Combine well with spatula and pour it onto the first layer of blueberry cream in the baking pan. Level it with spatula.
- The last cream cheese layer won't be coloured with blueberry sauce at all. Spread simply the cream cheese layer on the top of all layer. Cover the baking pan with plastic food foil and secure with elastics. Place in the freezer and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve the cheesecake bars; let it stand for 10 minutes on the kitchen counter and gently pull on parchment paper to take it out from the baking pan. Cut 9 equal squares with large knife.
- You can top cream cheese blueberry bars with fresh or frozen blueberries and sprinkle with maple flakes.
- The quantity I used for this raw blueberry cheesecake bars was in square pan 8″x 8″. On the bottom of the pan, you should always use parchment paper. It will be easier to take out frozen cheesecake and cut the squares outside the pan. This is a raw cheesecake, so no baking is involved.
- The Best way, is to freeze the cheesecake overnight in the freezer, the minimum is 6 hours in freezer, to get solid texture of cheesecake bars. So make sure to prepare this recipe a day before you plan your party.
- For the topping I have used maple sugar, to add little crunch. This is an optional topping. You can use fresh or frozen blueberries to add an extra wow look. For extra smooth texture, make sure your cream cheese is in room temperature. But you can also use a hand blender to achieve the smooth texture.
- Use wild blueberries for the perfect blue colour. It can be fresh or frozen, doesn’t really make a difference if it’s fresh or frozen.