No bake blueberry cheesecake bars are perfect dessert option. Unlike the traditional cheesecake bars, these are no-bake, eggless and so smooth. You can make them gluten-free and vegan with the choice of gluten free chocolate crumbs and vegan cream cheese.
Why do we love these no bake blueberry cheesecake bars?
Everyone should try these amazing no-bake blueberry cheesecake bars. We love them so much, especial now for upcoming summer season, it is the best refreshing dessert. And blueberries are a perfect addition, not only for nice colours, but even for the nice flavor of blueberries.
I suggest using wild blueberries. For their vivid colours and also the taste is much more pronounces in wild blueberries.
“This post may contain affiliate links. Please see disclosure page for more information.”
The base of this no-bake cheesecake bars is made from Oreo crumbs. Totally our favourite! Who doesn’t like Oreo cookies right? If you are on gluten free diet, you can switch for gluten-free chocolate cookies.
I have found mine in my local grocery store and made it once for my daughter’s birthday party. One of her friend had to follow certain gluten free diet and it worked out just perfect. No one had noticed, that it wasn’t real Oreo chocolate crumbs.
How to make these creamy no bake blueberry bars
Before you start this recipe, make sure to take out your cream cheese at least 1-2 hours before you will work with it. If your climate is cold, let it stand a little longer on the kitchen counter. During winter times it might take 4-5 hours for the cream cheese to soften. Cream cheese is usually very stiff and hard, when taken out of the refrigerator.
The reason why we need to let the cream cheese to soften, is to not have any lumps in the cream cheese mixture. I also sometimes use a hand blender to make sure the texture of cream cheese is really smooth.
Let’s make these delicious cheesecake bars
Get ready baking pan, before you will start mixing the cream cheese. Cut out and line an 8″ x 8″ square baking dish with Parchment paper. Make sure parchment paper is longer, it has to stick out of the baking pan. It will be easier to take the frozen piece of cheesecake out of the baking dish.
Combine Oreo crumbs and melted butter until all crumbs are moist. You can use food processor to combine well those two ingredients. Lightly press crumb mixture into prepared 8″ x 8″ pan. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
Use hand blender for perfect smoothness, if needed. Add in condensed milk and sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined.
Divide cream cheese mixture in (3) three equal parts. I used medium size kitchen bowls. Take one cup of wild blueberries and place them in a blender. Blend the blueberries until its smooth blueberry sauce. Make sure you don’t stain yourself or the kitchen counter, because wild blueberries do stain.
Use only 3/4 of cup of the blended blueberry sauce and add it into the first of your prepared cream cheese bowls. This mixture will be dark purple colour.
Combine it well with spatula and place this first layer of blueberry cream cheese in baking pan. Next layer; mix the leftover of 1/4 cup of blended blueberry sauce into your second bowl of cream cheese. This mixture will be lighter. Combine well with spatula and pour it onto the first layer of blueberry cream in the baking pan.
The last layer won’t be coloured with blueberries at all. Simple spread the last layer of cream cheese on the top of the baking pan.
Chilling/Freezing: this cheesecake bars need to be frozen overnight. Cover the baking pan with plastic foil, put elastic over it and place in the freezer. Freeze it for at least 6 hours or overnight.
To serve the cheesecake blueberry bars: take them out of the freezer, let them stand for 10 minutes on kitchen counter and then gently pull on parchment paper to take them out from the baking pan. Place them on cutting board and cut with large knife into 9 squares. You can top it with fresh or frozen blueberries, I sprinkled mine with maple flakes as well.
How to make colourful blueberry layers
How to create these beautiful layers of purple ? Very easy, you simply divide the cream cheese mixture in three different bowls and use already blended blueberries (aka blueberry sauce) and mix more and less in the blueberry sauce. Best is to use wild blueberries.
Wild blueberries has that rich purple colour. I used fresh blueberries only for decorating these bars.
Products I used for this recipe
More no bake cheesecake recipes
- NO BAKE NUTELLA SWIRL CHEESECAKE
- STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE MOUSSE
- TRIPLE LAYERED CHOCOLATE NO BAKE CHEESECAKE
- STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE BITES
- BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE POPS
NO BAKE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE BARS
- Baking pan 8×8 inch
- 1 cup Oreo crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Cream cheese mixture
- 2 & 1/4 cup (500 g) cream cheese bars room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
For the crust
- Line an 8″ x 8″ square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine chocolate Oreo crumbs and melted butter until all crumbs are moist. Lightly press crumb mixture into prepared 8″ x 8″ baking pan.
Cream cheese mixture
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in condensed milk, sour cream, vanilla extract, lemon juice and beat again. Divide this cream cheese mixture in (3) three equal parts and set aside. (Use medium size bowls.)
- Take one cup of wild blueberries and place them in a blender. Blend the blueberries until its smooth blueberry sauce. Use only 3/4 of cup of the blended blueberry sauce and add it into the first of your prepared cream cheese bowls. Combine it well with spatula and place this first layer of blueberry cream cheese in baking pan.
- Next layer; mix the leftover of 1/4 cup of blended blueberry sauce into your second bowl of cream cheese. This mixture will be lighter. Combine well with spatula and pour it onto the first layer of blueberry cream in the baking pan. Level it with spatula.
- The last cream cheese layer won't be coloured with blueberry sauce at all. Spread simply the cream cheese layer on the top of all layer. Cover the baking pan with plastic food foil and secure with elastics. Place in the freezer and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve the cheesecake bars; let it stand for 10 minutes on the kitchen counter and gently pull on parchment paper to take it out from the baking pan. Cut 9 equal squares with large knife.
- You can top cream cheese blueberry bars with fresh or frozen blueberries and sprinkle with maple flakes.
- The quantity I used for this raw blueberry cheesecake bars was in square pan 8″x 8″. On the bottom of the pan, you should always use parchment paper. It will be easier to take out frozen cheesecake and cut the squares outside the pan. This is a raw cheesecake, so no baking is involved.
- The Best way, is to freeze the cheesecake overnight in the freezer, the minimum is 6 hours in freezer, to get solid texture of cheesecake bars. So make sure to prepare this recipe a day before you plan your party.
- For the topping I have used maple sugar, to add little crunch. This is an optional topping. You can use fresh or frozen blueberries to add an extra wow look. For extra smooth texture, make sure your cream cheese is in room temperature. But you can also use hand blender to achieve the smooth texture.
- Use wild blueberries for the perfect blue colour. It can be fresh or frozen, doesn’t really make a difference if it’s fresh or frozen.
Pin this recipe for later!