These lemon blueberry muffins are so fluffy & buttery. Filled with blueberries and drizzled with light lemon glaze. My kids devoured them in a matter of a few hours. So I am sure you will love them too!
delicious muffins with blueberry and lemon drizzle
This is adapted recipe from my LEMON POUND CAKE recipe and if you have never made lemon pound cake, then now it’s the time! My husband one day said, blueberries would be delicious in this lemon pound cake. And he was so right! Lemon blueberry muffins were born!
make these blueberry muffins in Vitamix blender
I have got a new Vitamix blender Venturist V1200 and had been enjoying it so much for my smoothies. But wait, did you know, that Vitamix blender is not only for smoothies, but it can make hot soups, sorbets, ice creams, homemade bread and also these delicious lemon blueberry muffins.
So simple to make muffins in Vitamix blender
Let me explain you how to adapt any kind of muffin recipe and prepare it in Vitamix blender.
The most important & the simple rule which you need to know, when preparing a dough or batter with Vitamix. Is to understand, that you have to first work with all the liquids. Once all the liquids (milk, eggs) are combined (blended), then you can add all the solids, like flour.
So now you understand the basic rule of how to prepare batter or dough on in Vitamix blender.
How to make these delicious blueberry muffins
Super easy. Gather first all ingredients and preheat oven (middle rack position) to 350 F / 180 C. Line regular muffins pan with paper liners & set aside. In another medium bowl add all-purposed flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt and zest of lemon. Stir and set this aside.
Get ready Vitamix blender & add all liquid ingredients + sugar in Vitamix blender container. Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5. Blend for 10 seconds. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients together & add these dry ingredients inside the Vitamix blender container.
Select Variable 1 and turn the machine on. Slowly increase speed to variable 5. Blend for 30 – 40 seconds or until all well combined. Pour the batter in paper lined muffin pan cups, filling each cup up to ¾. Spoon approximately 5 blueberries into each muffin pan cup & bake for 20 minutes.
Cool the muffins on wire rack. For the lemon glaze: In a small bowl, combine 2 & ½ cup powdered sugar & ½ cup of lemon juice. With a spoon; drizzle onto completely cooled muffins. Wasn’t it easy, it was!
How to store fruit muffins
These muffins will stay moist and good to go up to 5 – 7 days if kept in airtight container & in refrigerator. Because these muffins are filled with fruit, they need to be refrigerated.
More blueberries & lemon recipes
- Blueberry cheesecake popsicles
- Blueberry cheesecake bars
- Blueberry jelly roll
- Lemon scones with poppy seeds
- Lemon tart
LEMON BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- 12 muffin pan
- 12 paper liners
- Vitamix blender
- 1/2 cup (115 g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (250 g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 & 1/2 cup (200 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 2 & 1/2 cups (210 g) confectioner (icing) sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) lemon juice
- Gather first all ingredients and preheat oven (middle rack position) to 350 F / 180 C.
- Line regular muffins pan with paper liners & set aside.
- In another medium bowl add all-purposed flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt and zest of lemon. Stir and set this aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients together & add these dry ingredients inside the Vitamix blender container.
- Select Variable 1 and turn the machine on. Slowly increase speed to variable 5. Blend for 30 – 40 seconds or until all well combined.
- Pour the batter in paper lined muffin pan cups, filling each cup up to ¾. Spoon approx. 5 blueberries into each muffin pan cup & bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool the muffins on wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 & ½ cup powdered sugar & ½ cup of lemon juice. With a spoon; drizzle onto completely cooled muffins.
Bintu | Recipes From A Pantry
Muffins are one of our favourite snacks and this sounds absolutely delicious! I will definitely be giving these a go!
I can assure you Bintu that you will not regret making these delicious blueberry muffins:) Let me know how it goes:)
The Foodie Affair
I have a batch in the oven right now! I have a regular blender and it mixup up ok, so don’t let that stop you from trying this recipe. I’m not sure I’ll be able to wait for the glaze. My house smells so good!
So happy this recipe is working out for you:) Thank you for stopping by 🙂
I never realized you could make muffins in a Vitamix! These are so easy and delicious!
Me too, I was pleasantly surprised:) Everything goes so quick and smooth:) Hope you will give these muffins a try 🙂
Lemon and blueberries are the classic combo as the muffins come out so tasty and moist! Yum!
So true, this is my favourite combo:)
Delicious! We loved the lemon and blueberry muffins, they went fast. Thank you!
So glad to hear this:) Happy your liked them Charla 🙂
Lemon and blueberry is such an amazing combo and these look delicious.
Thank you Dannii:) Indeed it is, I love that little lemon tangy flavours mixed with blueberries 🙂 I love how easy is to get this muffin batter done in blender 🙂
Made these blueberry muffins this morning and they are delicious! The lemon glaze was ready in no time too. Sooo good! Thanks for the recipe Julia!
Thank you so much Ana:) So happy to hear all went this smoothly! Have a lovely day!
Oh my goodness! these muffins look to die for.,.
Thank you Denise:) Fluffy and moist!