Halloween is here and all the amazing baking and cooking and crazy decorations & parties as well🎃 How much you like Halloween? I love it 😍💕
And because cupcakes are very versatile and you can prepare them for any occasion, so I decided this time to make Halloween cupcakes. Look at these adorable, easy and yummy cupcakes in Halloween colors, I made. Orange color as pumpkins and black color as Halloween has to be!
So what Halloween really means to your family? Is it just hanging out with your friends in masks and costumes or you go crazy with parties and decorations? Or maybe you already have small kids and they can’t wait for the amazing, funny or scary decoration to be hang on the tree in front of the house? Like my kids, the loves Halloween and me as well, we decorate, bake, cook everything in the theme of Halloween. We make gelatin warms in oreo crumbs mud, we dress up the whole week in different costumes. The excitement of having a new mask or costume. And the pumpkin carving, yes this is actually the biggest competition in our family. We buy at least 5 pumpkins and everybody carves. Big pumpkins, small pumpkins, any kind of pumpkins we try to carve or use, but of course the classic orange Cinderella pumpkin or Jack O Lantern are the most convenient pumpkins to carve. And I can’t wait to do so this weekend whoo!!
Ok, back to the cupcakes, so these are so easy, you just can’t go wrong. Even my 8 year old kids are able to get together the cupcake batter. And the decoration, wow every year they get better and better, I think I know where the talent is coming from hihi 😂.
Alright, so this is the recipe for the easy cupcake batter, let’s do it together!
For 12 cupcakes you need:
- 1 cup self rising flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick + 1 Tbs of soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven on 170C/325C.
- Sift self-rising flour into a mixing bowl with sugar and baking soda.
- Add softened butter and eggs begin to beat on low…then turn up to medium for a minute.
- While mixing add warm milk and vanilla extract. If you are adding coloring, this is the time to add it into the milk and stir well, then add in the batter.
- Mix on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Divide among 12 paper liners ( ¾ full).
- Bake at 170C/325F, for 20 minutes. Stick the wooden stick inside to make sure it’s well baked.
- Let cool off on a wire rack.
When you say buttercream, your taste buds goes crazy right?😀👌I like buttercream, but not too sweet, so this version of buttercream is less sweet, then any other recipe you will find on the internet. And, if it is still too sweet for you, then reduce the amount of sugar, as well as liquids.
So here is the easiest and tastiest buttercream I have ever tasted or made.
- 2/3 cup unsalted and softened butter
- 2 1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 3-4 tbsp whole milk
- Place the softened butter in a mixing bowl and start to mix on high speed for about 10 minutes.
- Why that long? Butter will be fluffier and more white. It won’t have this yellowish color.
- Lower the speed on minimum and start half of the quantity of sugar.
- Once the half of the sugar is well incorporated, you can add the other half.
- Now it’s time to add the milk. It is all up to you, how much tablespoons you want to add. I usually put 4 tablespoons of milk, because I like my buttercream more soft.
- If you are planing coloring your buttercream, now it’s the time to add your food coloring in your milk. Use only gel food coloring, otherwise extra liquid in buttercream could make your butter more soft, then you intend to have.
- You may also use any kind of liquid (doesn’t need to me milk), such as orange juice, alcohol, purees, etc.
So here is the whole recipe, how to make amazing and successful Halloween cupcakes. You will definitely have fun doing it, so let me know how much fun you had. Send me your pictures of this lovely recipe and I will post them on my Instagram account @juliarecipes