CLASSIC CREAMY LEEK SOUP
writen by @JuliaRecipes
“This post may contain affiliate links. Please see disclosure page for more information.”
I can’t believe, that this month of March is giving us false hopes of spring! One week we have temperature around +5C and another week we get snow and -5C. I know I should not be complaining, because it could be even worst. Here in Canada, we get snow sometimes in May 🤩. Well, unfortunately, that’s how the weather is these last years, very unstable. So even though it doesn’t feel at this moment as a spring outside, I will still follow my spring tradition and that is “fresh vegetable soups” on my table. Are you with me?
Every spring, everything new starts, we have new beginnings, we try to eat healthy and fresh. Same thing is happening with my healthy and fresh leek soup. Every year it gets better. It is a new beginning of season and I always welcome spring with fresh ingredients. This time it is leek as a vegetable.
Before having kids, I used make this leek soup in pieces, so you can eat chunks of vegetable. Since I have kids, I had to re-adapt the soup and that is why I started to call it creamy leek soup. It is still the traditional and classic leek soup, with little magic of blender. I am always using a good quality blender to make sure all my ingredients are well chopped or blended until creamy texture and this is why I use this blender.
CLASSIC CREAMY LEEK SOUP
Preparation time: 15 minutes⭐cooking time: 20 minutes⭐ servings: 4 portions
- 4 leeks (white part only)
- 4 stalks of celery
- 5 medium potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium carrote
- Olive oil
- 2 Tbs garlic butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- nutmeg to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- cup of milk or few Tbs of cream (optional)
- In a saucepan melt the butter and add olive oil, sauté the onion, celery, cleaned and chopped leeks, carrot and potatoes cut in cube.
- Add chicken broth and let simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Next, once potatoes are tender, blend everything using a hand mixer or stand blender.
- Grate little of nutmeg in the soup and serve immediately, garnished with a few parsley leaves and homemade bread.
- The recipe for homemade bread is here.
- If you’d like to have your soup extra creamy, you can add a cup of milk or few tablespoons of cream. I am also sometimes garnishing with a spoon of sour cream 😋.
Leek in the soup is the bomb digity! Looks perfect for winter (:
Yes it is😊thank you Nicolas 😃
Bake + Cook = Love to Entertain
I’m always looking for a good leek soup recipe. Your recipe looks delicious! Thank you , Theresa
Thank you Theresa for a beautiful feedback, this is one of my favorite soups😍
Love to taste it 🙂
Yes, you should try out the recipe, it is so easy! 🙂
I am hoping you will give me a treat of this recipe 🙂 🙂
Beautiful soup ! Love your choice of veggies in here !!
Thank you so much! I love leek soup, it is a very good vegetable!