Mini banana cheesecakes are the perfect snacking idea for Sunday afternoon. Crunchy graham crackers on the bottom, creamy cheesecake with banana flavours, topped with fluffy whipped cream. This is one perfect Sunday afternoon snack!
I have been such a big fan of cheesecakes, so I have been trying to recreate all the possible cheesecake flavour. Either they are in form of cake, tart of cupcakes. So far my favourite were these mini portions of cheesecakes, because these are 2-bites mini cheesecakes are super simple to make and I think you see this coming: because it’s two bite babies, I can have 3 pieces in one seating.
“This post may contain affiliate links. Please see disclosure page for more information.”
Make mini banana cheesecakes in muffin tin
These two-bite or mini banana cheesecakes are made out of the same simple ingredients as usual classic cheesecake, with addition of blended banana. You will need: graham crackers or crumbs, butter, sugar, cream cheese, eggs, vanilla extract, banana & whipped cream to top the cheesecakes.
Which muffin pan to use
And this recipe is tested for mini muffin pan of 24 pieces (I am using Wilton brand), so this recipe will give 24 mini cheesecakes. You can use also 12 regular muffin pan, but the cooking time will slightly vary. If you decide using regular muffin pan for 12, then bake for 5-10 minutes more. Donness is always checked by shaking gently the pan.; if the top is set, it’s done! If it’s still little giggly, then bake for 5 more minutes.
How long does it take to prepare mini banana cheesecakes
The preparation time is fairly quick. I would suggest first to get ready your muffin pan: Use paper lining for mini muffins (place them into the muffin pan) or grease with butter or non-stick spray to avoid sticking the cheesecakes on the pan. After baking and cooling the cheesecakes, you can either leave the paper lining on or you can remove them.
We are going to start with the graham crackers crust. Use either graham crackers and pulse them in the processor until fine crumbs or use already prepared graham cracker’s crumbs (I suggest the crumbs, it’s less messy and you don’t need to clean the food processor). These crumbs have to be sweetened with extra sugar and moistened with butter. So combine in a medium bowl, graham cracker’s crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Combine well with whisk and divide this mixture in between 24 mini muffin pan, lined with paper cups. It will be approximately 2 teaspoons of crust in each muffin liner. Press firmly with a spoon to create a flat crust. Bake in preheated oven 350 F/ 180 C for 5 minutes.
Cream cheese filling
In another medium bowl, mix softened cream cheese with sugar, until creamy. Here it’s the crucial point to get your cream cheese to be fluffy. Mix it for at least 5 -7 minutes, or until it’s smooth and no lumps are visible. You will be able to obtain this smooth texture only if you work with softened cream cheese (at room temperature). I usually leave my cream cheese on the kitchen counter for at least 1 hour, before I will work with it.
After the texture of cream cheese is nicely smooth, start adding eggs, one at a time. Incorporate well the egg first, then add next one. Add vanilla extract and pinch of salt, combine.
Time to add bananas
The last ingredient to add is banana. I suggest blending the banana to have an equal flavour all over the mixture. If you only mash banana, you will have chunks in of banana in one portion, but not in the other. Once you blend the banana, make sure you work quickly to combine the blended banana in the cream cheese mixture, so the banana won’t change the colour. Blended bananas can quickly oxidize and change in colour, to darker shades.
Bake the mini banana cheesecakes
Divide the cream cheese mixture in between the muffin pan (2/3 full) and bake in preheated oven 325 F / 160 C for 10 – 15 minutes, or until set. Do not over bake, the cheesecakes would be dry. Cool the cheesecakes first on kitchen counter for 10-15 minutes, then cover the top of pan with food plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours.
After chilling these mini banana cheesecakes in the refrigerator, we will prepare whipped cream. To whip well the whipped cream, you should make sure all the tools using for whipping the cream (bowl, whisk and the whipping cream itself) are well chilled. I usually plate the bowl and whisk attachment in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, before I decide to whip the cream.
Whipping the cream
Start whipping the cream with sugar and vanilla extract combines until soft peaks form. Take out the mini banana cheesecakes from the refrigerator, place them on nice presentable plate. Now you can just simply spoon the whipped cream on the mini banana cheesecakes or you can use piping bag with tip no.1M for little fancy swirl. Serve with glass of milk or coffee.
Do you love cheesecake recipes? Here is more!
If you love creamy cheesecakes as much as I do, I have plenty of super delicious recipes on my blog, you can choose from. These are the most popular on my blog:
- NUTELLA SWIRL CHEESECAKE NO BAKE
- TRIPLE CHOCOLATE NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE
- RUSTIC PRESSED COTTAGE CHEESE CHEESECAKE
- BEST LEMON CHEESECAKE
- NO-BAKE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE BARS
How to store mini banana cheesecakes
Store the mini banana cheesecakes in the refrigerator (in the airtight container), for up to 5-7 days. You can freeze them (without the whipped cream top) in the freezer (in airtight container)for up to 3 months.
MINI BANANA CHEESECAKES
For the crust
- 1 cup (80 g) graham crackers or crumbs
- 1/8 cup (30g) butter melted
- 2 tbsps sugar granulated
For the cream cheese filling
- 2 cups (450 g) cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup (115 g) sugar granulated
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small banana blended
For the whipped cream topping
- 1 cup (250 ml) whipped cream
- 2 tbsp sugar confectioner (icing)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 F / 180 C. Rack in middle position.
- Line mini muffin pan with mini muffin liners. In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter.
- Add approximately 2 tsp crumb mix to each cup. Firmly press down with small cup to pack the crumbs.
For the cream cheese filling
- In another medium bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar. Mix well for about 5 – 10 minutes or until soft and creamy. Add egg, vanilla extract and blended banana.
- Add approximately 1 to 1 & 1/2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture into each mini muffin cup.
- Bake in oven 350 F / 180 C for 10-15 minutes or until the top of the cheesecakes are set. Let cool the cheesecakes for 10 -15 minutes and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
For the whipped cream topping
- Before serving the mini banana cheesecakes, whip the whipping cream in medium bowl with sugar and vanilla extract until soft peaks are formed.
- Place the whipped cream in piping bag with tip no. 1M and pipe little swirls on the top of the mini banana cheesecake.
- Use this recipe for regular size muffin pan. You will make 12 individual banana cheesecakes, by adjusting the baking time to 20 minutes.
- For smoother texture, have the ingredients in room temperature and mix the cream cheese for 5 – 10 minutes.
- You can substitute bananas for different kind of berry fruit: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries…etc.
PIN IT FOR LATER!
Disclosure: Please bear in mind that some links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a small commission, to support this blog. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether you decide to buy something is completely up to you.”