Chocolate, chocolate and more 🍫…..I feel for people, who doesn’t like chocolate. Can you believe, that somebody can even pronounce that four word sentence:”I don’t like chocolate”!!! Well, who cares, right? If you are a lover of a chocolate and moist chocolate muffins, then you are on the right site. Today, I will tell you the secret to the best moist chocolate muffins.
Don’t you wanna just bite into that great muffin. Ah, trust me, you will love it!😋
I have tried many recipes for muffins and have always been said by my husband, that the muffins are not enough moist for him. So i started to experiment, what could possibly make the muffins moist/soft from inside and nice crunchy from outside.
Well, there is two ingredients, that makes it possible and it is sour cream and heavy cream. And of course chocolate🍫🍫🍫 …😂 Chocolate makes the biggest difference in any dessert, right?!?!!☺
The combination of these two ingredients allows the mixture keeps it’s moisture and softness at the same time. And the crunchiness is thanks to the convection oven, when heat is transferred by air circulating in the oven.
Well there is not much more to say, then let’s try the recipe and let me know, if you liked it.
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 Tbs heavy cream
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 or 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven on 392F/200C, rack in the middle position.
- Get ready your 12 piece muffin pan and lay them out with muffin paper.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the butter until fluffy and white (for about 5 min.)
- Add sugar and mix until combined.
- Add eggs slowly, one by one and mix well, until well incorporated.
- Add sour cream and vanilla extract, until well combined.
- In another large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients, and slowly spoon by spoon add it to the wet mixture. Mix on low speed or incorporate slowly the flour mixture with spatula.
- At the end, the texture will be little bit thick, now it’s time to add 3 Tbs of heavy cream. Incorporate spoon by spoon, slowly.
- Now, with a help of ice cream scoop, spoon 2-3 scoops in each muffin paper.
- Bake on 395F/200C for 20-30min. Do not over bake them. Stick inside the muffin wooden stick and if it comes out with runny texture, put it back for another 5 min. Once the texture is thick,it is time to take it out of the oven. You want to have your muffins to be moist. If wooden stick will be completely clean, it means you over baked the muffins. They will be still edible, but not moist.
What is the best about this recipe, is that you can completely change the chocolate for a fruit, like blueberries muffins, yum, or raspberries, banana, strawberries….well any kind of a fruit. Or just have it plain.😋
Enjoy it and let me know, how it went. Bon appetit!