STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE MOUSSE
written by @juliarecipes
“This post may contain affiliate links. Please see disclosure page for more information.”
Strawberry season is quickly approaching here in Canada and I love light and quick desserts, so I decided to whip this easy strawberry mousse. This strawberry mousse is super simple, no special tools required and made in no time.
Your kitchen won’t feel like a hurricane came through, when you finish with this simple and bursting in flavor dessert. Your loved once will love you even more and you are going to feel like a super mama, when you will bring this strawberry mousse dessert on a table.
If I would have to choose my favorite fruit, it would be strawberries. Heart shaped, sweet, pretty red and pink colors. And so many varieties how to use strawberries, fresh, in jams, smoothies, in desserts…endless possibilities.
If you like strawberries, like I do, you might like these strawberries desserts. Check out these links bellow for more strawberry dessert idea:
- VALENTINE’S STRAWBERRY PUFF HEARTS
- STRAWBERRY FILLED SWEET DUMPLINGS
- NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE BITES WITH STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE COATING
WHAT IS THIS STRAWBERRY MOUSSE MADE OFF
Classic chocolate mousse is usually made of eggs, egg whites, chocolate (dark or white) or/and whipped cream. This strawberry mousse is non cooked and it doesn’t involve melting chocolate, nor handling raw eggs.
This strawberry mousse is made with fresh strawberries, , little bit of cream cheese, gelatin, so it can settle and hold well together and heavy cream (whipping cream) for the fluffiness. If you do not like cream cheese, you can substitute with sour cream. Sour cream will add little tangy taste to this strawberry mousse. But because I love creamy texture from cream cheese, I will still add little 1/2 of cup of soft cream cheese.
Strawberries needs to be fresh, because we want to have a fresh taste of strawberries and we do not want any extra content of water from frozen strawberries. I strongly recommend using fresh strawberries for this strawberry mousse.
HOW TO PREPARE STRAWBERRY MOUSSE
First we need to start with strawberry puree. I do not cook this puree, simply blend the washed and hulled strawberries in blender for good 3-5 minutes, so we have really smooth texture. Next step is to strain this strawberry puree, to make sure we do not have a seeds in our strawberry mousse. You do no want to chew on seeds:-)
Also strawberry mousse is much more delicate, if you get rid of the seeds. Next step is gelatin. Gelatin will keep well together all the ingredients and will set well the strawberry mousse . If you are using little pouches of gelatin (and I do recommend the pouches in this recipe). You simply follow the instruction on the pouch or usually the recipe calls for 1/2 cup of boiling water and 1/2 cup of cold water or juice.
But now we need only 1/2 cup of boiling water. In a small bowl, empty the gelatin pouch and pour over boiling water and stir until completely dissolved. Once the gelatin is well dissolved add it into the blender. Don’t forget to wash the blender, because we don’t want those leftover seeds sicked inside the blender, when we were blending the strawberry puree.
So we have the gelatin in the blender and we add all the remaining ingredients, except whipping cream (heavy cream). We add strawberry puree, cream cheese, vanilla extract and cold water. Blend for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture is perfectly smooth.
We will now pour this strawberry cream cheese mixture in a large bowl and in another medium bowl will have to whip the whipping cream (heavy cream) until soft peaks. Once the whipped cream is ready, gently fold in, with wooden spatula the whipped cream in strawberry cream cheese mixture. It has to be well combined, you don’t want to see the whitish color in your mousse.
Now it’s time to spoon the strawberry mousse in appropriate dessert bowls or dishes. Whatever you have on hand. I used old vintage glasses for cocktails, which I got last time in garage sale. While spooning the strawberry mousse, at the end tap gently with the bowl or glass, so the strawberry mousse sets well. Now we have to leave the strawberry mousse to set and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours. When it’s ready to
At the end garnish with sliced strawberries and fresh mint leaves. Enjoy!
STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE MOUSSE
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes ⭐chilling time: 2 hours⭐ servings: 6 servings
- 1 package of gelatin (2 1/2 tsp of gelatin powder)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and pureed
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped cream (whip the cream in advance)
- sliced strawberries and mint for garnish (optional)
- Wash, hulled and slice fresh strawberries and add them into the blender. Blend until smooth and strain to discard the seeds. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, empty the gelatin powder and pour over boiling water and stir until completely dissolved.
- Pour the gelatin into a blender (wash the blender, because you don’t want to have a seeds residue from strawberry puree). Add strawberry puree, cream cheese, vanilla extract and cold water. Blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- In another medium bowl whip the whipping cream until soft peaks.
- In a large bowl, pour blended strawberry cream cheese mixture and softly fold in the whipped cream.
- Add mixture to desired dessert dishes and put in the fridge for two hours to set.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and mint leaves. Enjoy!
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!