BEST BANANA BREAD EVER
written by @JuliaRecipes
I couldn’t believe myself how good banana bread could be, until I tried this recipe. So soft and moist and mostly, there is almost no taste of overripe bananas.
Honestly, I never liked much banana bread and that because all recipes calls for overripe bananas. The taste of overripe bananas is very strong and is overpowering the whole cake. So i thought, why not to try this cake with normal non overripe yellow bananas. Just use the nice yellow bananas to make the taste more pleasant.
Well in my opinion it really tastes better. And it worked out so well! With a little help of sour cream or white yoghurt for the moist and soft texture, my recipe for banana bread will blow your taste buds in a firework 🎆
BEST BANANA BREAD
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes⭐cooking time: 1 hour and 15 minutes⭐ servings: 10 slices
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup golden/brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream or yoghurt
- zest from one lemon
- 3 yellow bananas mashed + 1 banana for the decoration
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts + for garnish
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional) or chocolate syrup
For the lemon drizzle:
- juice from 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- Preheat the oven on 170 C /350 F
- Butter and dust with flour 1 loaf pan 9″.
- In a large bowl mix the brown sugar with butter for 5 minutes, or until white and fluffy.
- Add eggs and egg whites, vanilla and mix until all is well combined.
- Add sour cream, zest from one lemon and mashed bananas. ( I like to blend bananas, instead of mashing it with fork, it creates nice smooth and more even texture).
- In another bowl mix flour with baking powder, salt and nuts.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mix into the wet ingredients (and add chocolate chips or chocolate syrup if you wish 😊).
- Pour slowly into the floured loaf pan drizzle with whole walnuts and place 1 sliced banana on the top (you can also drizzle a bit of chocolate syrup over the loaf).
- Bake on the middle rack 350 F for about 60 minutes, then insert the toothpick to make sure, it doesn’t stick, if it still stick, bake for another 15 minutes. Cover with parchment paper, to do not burn the top.
- Let cool down on wired rack for 20 minutes.
- Optional Lemon drizzle: Mix lemon juice and icing sugar and with help of a fork, create smooth texture (hint: sift the icing sugar in the lemon juice).
- Pour with zig zag motion over the banana bread. Serve with vanilla ice cream. Yum!