This chia banana pudding with amaretto cookies is the healthier alternative to a piece of cake or chocolate bar. It is full of protein and delicious flavours from vanilla yogourt or banana slices.
What are white chia seeds
Chia seeds are powerful seeds and one of the most healthiest foods of all. Chia seeds deliver a massive amount of nutrients with very few calories. They are loaded with antioxidants, full of quality protein, plenty of fiber, Omega 3 fatty acids and many more.
Chia seeds are excellent in:
- High quality protein
- Omega 3 fatty acids
Chia seeds might help you loose a weight, because all carbs in them are fiber and they contain high quality protein. And the best of all, it’s so simple to prepare. You can add them to your smoothies, porridge, into baking goods or add it to your any daily meal preparations.
I prefer consuming my chia seeds in the form of dessert, such as chia pudding and hence I do look forward to my healthy dessert. And I hope you will too now! I am 100%, that you will love it, as much as I do.
How to prepare white chia pudding ?
To prepare chia pudding from white chia seeds is a simple ration of 1/4 cup of chia seeds over 1 cup of liquids.
What liquids can I use to make chia pudding?
To make chia pudding, you can use any form, from water to milk. Cow milk or plant based milks, such as soy milk, oat milk, almond milk, coconut milk. In this recipe, I am using full fat coconut milk.
What healthy sweetener works best for chia pudding ?
The best sweetener to taste chia pudding is maple syrup in my opinion. But you can use different healthy alternatives to sweeten chia pudding. Honey, agave syrup works well, coconut sugar, date sugar, molasses, stevia or monk fruit sweetener are the best alternatives for healthier sugars.
In this recipe, I am using maple syrup, but I am not adding too much. Only 1 Tbsp. If you like to have your chia pudding sweeter, then use a little less of the coconut milk or use a solid form of healthy sweetener as coconut sugar or date sugar. Because the more liquid you add, then the more liquid your pudding will be and vice versa.
Use medium air tight container to prepare chia pudding, because we will have to leave it in refrigerator to rest overnight. Pour all the ingredients in the air tight container and mix with spoon, let sit little bit on the counter and give it another good stir with a spoon. Now close it with lid and let rest in refrigerator overnight.
In the morning, prepare 2 glasses and layer in glass little bit of chia pudding, add layer of banana yogurt, add again another layer of chia pudding, top with sliced bananas, add scoop of creamy vanilla yogurt and decorate with piece of amaretto cookie and crumbs. And you are ready to enjoy it!
- CHIA SEED PUDDING WITH FRESH FRUIT
- VALENTINE’S CHOCOLATE CHIA SEED PUDDING
- PEANUT BUTTER CHIA PUDDING
- MIXED FRUIT SPRING ROLLS WITH NEW DOLE FRUIT FRIDGE PACKS
- PUFF PASTRY POPPY SEED CHOCOLATE BABKA
BANANA CREAM AMARETTO COOKIE CHIA PUDDING
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup banana yogourt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla yogourt
- 1 banana sliced
- 4 pieces amaretto cookies
- Combine the chia seeds, coconut milk and maple syrup together in an airtight container. Whisk until well combined.1/4 cup chia seeds, 1 cup full-fat coconut milk, 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- Cover the container and place it in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight to firm up.
- Into 2 cups ; layer chia pudding up to half of the glass, then layer banana yogourt and finish with a layer of chia pudding. Top with sliced banana and creamy vanilla yogourt and decorate with amaretto cookie and crumbs.1 cup banana yogourt, 1 banana sliced, 4 pieces amaretto cookies, 2 tablespoons vanilla yogourt