PEANUT BUTTER CHIA PUDDING
written by @juliarecipes
Chia pudings has become my next favorite breakfast, snack or dessert. This creamy texture with crunchy seeds and amazingly endless variety tasty toppings is incredibly yummy, healthy and nutritious.
What are chia seeds
Chia seeds come from the desert plant Salvia hispanica, a member of the mint family. Salvia hispanica seed often is sold under its common name “chia” as well as several trademarked names. Its origin is believed to be in Central America where the seed was a staple in the ancient Aztec diet. The seeds of a related plant, Salvia columbariae (golden chia), were used primarily by Native Americans in the southwestern United States.
Chia seeds are powerful seeds and one of the most healthiest foods of all. Chia seeds deliver a massive amount of nutrients with very few calories. They are loaded with antioxidants, full of quality protein, plenty of fiber, magnesium, Omega 3 fatty acids and many more.
Chia seeds contains
- High quality protein
- Fiber (10 grams in 2 Tbsp)
- Omega 3 fatty acids
Chia seeds might help you loose a weight, because all carbs in them are fiber and they contain high quality protein. And the best of all, it’s so simple to prepare. You can add them to your smoothies, porridge, into baking goods or add it to your any daily meal preparations.
How to consume Chia Seeds
Chia seeds can be eaten raw or prepared in a number of dishes. You can sprinkle them ground or whole chia seeds on cereals, over rice, yogurt or vegetables. Chia seeds are very absorbent and develop a gelatinous texture when soaked in water or milk, that is why I am making these delicious chia puddings.
How to prepare chia pudding?
Simple ration of 1/4 cup of chia seeds over 1 cup of liquids. As a liquid you can use any kind, from cow milk to plant based milk. I prefer using coconut milk, because it adds up my favorite coconut flavor. In this recipe i am using almond milk and Organic Vanilla yogurt to make chia pudding even more smooth and creamy. Soy milk, oatmeal milk or any other liquid works perfectly fine as well.
As a sweetener I use maple syrup, but I am not adding too much only 1 Tbsp. If you like it sweeter, then use little bit less of the coconut milk. More liquid you add, then more liquid your pudding will be and vice versa. As a sweetener, you can also use agave syrup, coconut sugar or any other healthy alternative of sugar.
PEANUT BUTTER CHIA PUDDING
Preparation time: 30 minutes ⭐chilling time: 2 hours / better overnight⭐ servings: 2 servings
- 1/4 cup white chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup Organic Vanilla Yogurt (or plain)
- 2 full tsp of Organic Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp chopped roasted peanuts
- Combine the chia seeds, almond milk and maple syrup together in airtight container. Whisk until well combined.
- Cover the container and place it in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight to firm up.
- Into 2 pretty cups ; layer chia pudding up to three quarters of the glass, then top with slightly heated peanut butter in microwave (it will be more liquid and easier to top on chia pudding or on the rims of the cups.)
- Top with chopped and roasted (optional) peanuts. If you will be roasting peanuts, do it on small skillet, medium low heat with tiny drop of coconut oil or butter, toss frequently for 2-3 minutes.
Pin this recipe for later!