APPLE STREUSEL MUFFIN RECIPE
written by @juliarecipes
And just like this summer is over! Do I mind? Well, actually yes and no. The other day, someone has asked me, what’s my preferred season? I wanted to jump out of my chair and scream out of my lungs, of course it’s summer, why would anyone ask? But then I relaxed my glutes and thought about it. Actually I like something from each season. I love Spring, because the nature becomes so colorful; I love summer, because I can soak up that warm sun in all parts of my body; then I love Fall, because of it’s cozy pumpkin spice lattes; and I love Winter, because of it’s majestic calmness and clean white cover, we can relax and cuddle under. I don’t know, this is how i feel about the Fall…those yummy and warm Apple streusel muffins with good cup of coffee…how about you?
“This post may contain affiliate links. Please see disclosure page for more information.”
All right, so I do not mind the summer is gone; it was fun and so hot, that I gladly welcomed in my kitchen the less warm Fall. My oven is in a full swing these days, testing and checking for the newest recipes.
Today I bring to you these full of apple flavor, Apple streusel muffin recipe, filled with real apple streusel filling and topped with sweet crumble. Cinnamon won’t miss a frame in this recipe; so get your apron, start the oven and let’s do these delicious breakfast treats; Apple streusel muffins.
Cortland, Rome, Granny Smith and McIntosh are all equally good for eating and baking. Avoid baking with Red Delicious apples, as they disintegrate quickly when heated. Buy firm , well colored apples with blemish-free skin and store in cool place (best in refrigerator.
Have your muffin tin ready; ether grease it with butter or use the paper liners, before you will start to whip up the batter. Also follow the recipe step by step, to avoid missing any ingredient. Remove the skin of apples before you chop them. You won’t have to chew on the skin of apple after, only to enjoy well caramelize apple inside the muffin. Always preheat the oven! You might as well use sugar icing on top for extra yummy look. 1/2 cup of confectioner’s sugar and 2 1/2 tsp of apple or orange juice will make a perfect drizzle over your apple streusel muffins.
MUFFINS, CAKE OR SKILLET APPLE CAKE
For the variations, you can use the batter to make apple streusel cake by using 9″ tube or wavy pan. Bake it for 10 minutes longer. As a skillet apple cake in cast-iron skillet can be used to bake the cake as well. Watch closely while baking, as cast iron absorbs and retain heat more efficiently; 15 minutes might be enough for your cake to be done.
Fresh or dried cranberries,dark or golden raisins, fresh strawberries and even flaked coconut make delicious addition to the streusel mixture. In addition to breakfast and coffee breaks, these moist muffins makes a yummy dessert when served warm from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
We love them in the morning for the breakfast with simple cup of coffee or kids will have a milk. These apple streusel muffin recipe is made for those lovers of warm cup of latte and a piece of sweet treat.
You can also substitute chopped pears for apples. Or for a double treat, try the combination of the two.
APPLE STREUSEL MUFFIN RECIPE
Preparation time: 15 minutes ⭐cooking time: 30 minutes⭐ servings: 12 muffins
For the streusel filling
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped apples
- 1 cup sliced walnuts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter (melted)
For the crumble
- 2 tbs soft butter
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs all-purpose flour
For the muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- Preheat oven to 350F/170C. Grease or place muffin papers inside 12 muffin tin.
- To prepare streusel, in a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, apples, walnuts, flour and cinnamon. Stir in melted butter and set aside.
- For the crumble; in a small bowl, add all the ingredients: butter, flour and sugar. And with your fingertips work the butter into the flour and sugar to form coarse crumbles. Set aside.
- For the muffins, in a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well. In a large bowl of standing mixer, set on medium speed and beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 10 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time, beat well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Set mixer to low, alternately beat flour mixture and apple juice into egg mixture. Spoon the batter into the 12 muffin tin and spoon on each muffin batter the streusel mixture, we prepared earlier.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove muffin tin from the oven, sprinkle the top with the crumble and bake for another 15 minutes. Transfer to wire rack; cool completely.
PIN IT FOR LATER
Disclosure: Please bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a small commission, to support this blog. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.”