Nice and thick soup in this rainy day is the best recipe which comes to my mind. I love creamy soups. This veloute texture, nice piece of buttered toasted bread.Like broccoli creamy soup or leek creamy soup…etc. yes there is many kinds and I’ll try to put all the recipes together and post it in my category of recipes SOUPS.
In this soup you can actually use everything what you have left in the fridge. Really doesn’t need to be the same exact amount of vegetables. What you fridge gives you, you add in the saucepan and it will be a nice surprise soup.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 cups of carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut in pieces
- 1 cup of potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 pieces of New Spice
- Salt and peeper
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- In a saucepan over medium heat sweat the onions, add potatoes and carrots, continue cook on medium heat, until the vegetables are lightly brown.
- Add all spices, chicken broth, cauliflower, salt and pepper and boil for 20-30 min., until all vegetables are tender.
- Let cool down for few minutes, then take out the New Spice and Bay leaves, pour into the blender and blend until you get smooth texture.
- Pour back the soup in saucepan and add heavy cream, season with salt and pepper, if needed.
Serve with your favorite bread, bagel or crackers. Leftovers can be frozen up to 3 months.
Enjoy your hot soup! Bon Appetit!
If you would like to add a comment about this post or you have questions concerning this recipe, please let me know.