This mango sherbet in Vitamix is creamy and refreshing with plenty of mango flavours. Quick and easy refreshing fruit sherbet made out of only 3 ingredients and Vitamix blender.
“This post contain affiliate links. Please read my Disclosure Policy”
What is sherbet?
Sherbet is creamy frozen & refreshing fruit dessert. It is very similar to fruit sorbet, but it’s made with little addition of cream or milk, which gives the creamy texture. So it’s something in between sorbet and ice cream. This sherbet is made out of mango fruit, sweet condensed milk and orange juice.
Sherbet is excellent refreshing fruit dessert, you can serve right after you make it. Because we will be working with frozen fruit, it is possible to serve this sherbet straight from the blending container.
How to make mango sherbet?
Mango sherbet is super fun and quick to make. The only thing you must have ready on hand is frozen mango chunks, sweet condensed milk and few drops of orange juice. How easy this sounds? Super easy right? So let’s get all the ingredients, and we can start blending:)
Step 1. Gather all three ingredients
Once you gather all three ingredients: frozen mango chunks, sweet condensed milk and orange juice, then you simply add the ingredients in Vitamix blender.
The fourth ingredient lemon juice is optional, but I found that its acidity brings more of the mango flavour. It’s all up to you, if you want to add it, but I recommend it.
Step 2. Blend all the ingredients in the blender
Close securely the lid of the blender and start to blend on its lowest speed. Then quickly increase to the highest speed, while using the tamper to press all the ingredients toward the blades. This all should take about 40 – 60 seconds and four beautiful mesmerizing mounds will form. This is the indications that your sherbet is ready. Stop the blender, do not over mix, otherwise the sherbet will quickly start to melt.
Step 3. Serve the mango sherbet in your favourite waffle cone or bowl
Serve the mango sherbet immediately in your favourite waffle scones or ice cream bowls. If you by any chance over mix the sherbet (it happens to me too, no need to worry), simply place the mango sherbet in an airtight freezer friendly container and place it in the freezer for one hour. Check on the sherbet after one hour, if desired consistency was achieved.
If you over mixed the mango sherbet just little, then 30 minutes in the freezer might be enough. It all depends on the level of how much runny it is.
How do I serve mango sherbet
I am usually serving sherbet directly after blending, because I just can’t wait to taste this sweet and creamy fruity frozen dessert. But if you would like to make a quick batch of mango sherbet in advance and freeze it, it’s possible. Very simply, store it in airtight freezer friendly container and take it out 15-20 minutes before serving it.
Sherbet tends to harden and is more dense when frozen. This is why it’s better to let the sherbet stand on kitchen counter few minutes before serving it.
How to store sherbet and other tips?
Storage of mango sherbet is very simple. Place it in plastic airtight container a freeze it up to 3 months.
If you freeze the mango sherbet, It’s best to let the mango sherbet let stand on kitchen counter for 20 minutes, before serving it. Because it’s no churn sherbet, the consistency after freezing it becomes dense and difficult to eat.
The best is to serve mango sherbet straight from the Vitamix container, once you blend it. The consistency and texture is creamy and easy to scoop it out.
If the consistency is too runny, place the mango sherbet in airtight container and freeze it for 1 hour. Then stir it a bit with spoon of fork to fluff it up. Then serve it by scooping it in your favourite cone or bowl.
How can I make vegan mango sherbet?
Very simple alternatives for vegan version of mango sherbet. You just simply use sweetened condensed coconut milk instead of the regular sweetened condensed milk and you have a vegan version of mango sherbet.
You may also like these frozen treats
- Mango Popsicles Dipped In White Chocolate
- Easy No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
- Matcha Green Tea No-Churn Ice Cream
- Dairy Free No-Churn Coconut Ice Cream
- Blueberry Cheesecake Pops
- Blender Vitamix
- 4 cups (450 g) frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup (250 ml) orange juice
- 1/2 can (150 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- Add all ingredients in the Vitamix container. First all liquids and then frozen mango chunks.
- Secure the lid on Vitamix container and select variable 1 or frozen dessert program (depending on the model of Vitamix you have). Through the secured lid, on top of the container, place the tamper inside the blender.
- Start the blender and press the mango chunks towards the blades with the tamper. Slowly increasing the speed to 10 and blend for about 55 – 60 seconds or until smooth and four mounds will form.
- Stop the blender and serve immediately.
- Storage of mango sherbet is very simple. Place it in plastic airtight container a freeze it up to 3 months.
- If you freeze the mango sherbet, It’s best to let the mango sherbet let stand on kitchen counter for 20 minutes, before serving it. Because it’s no churn sherbet, the consistency after freezing it becomes dense and difficult to eat.
- The best is to serve mango sherbet straight from the Vitamix container, once you blend it. The consistency and texture is creamy and easy to scoop it out.
- If the consistency is too runny, place the mango sherbet in airtight container and freeze it for 1 hour. Then stir it a bit with spoon of fork to fluff it up. Then serve it by scooping it in your favourite cone or bowl.
Pin this recipe for later!
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.”