Last Saturday was rainy….again!!Oh this bad weather is driving me crazy, but I guess I should not complain, because it could have been snowing instead of raining :-). Yes, almost in the middle of the month of May, it could have been snowing!!! Can you believe that?!? Well, so in this bad weather, I am thinking, what am I going to cook for lunch. We need some sunshine in our lives. Yes! Some bright colors. Yes! It’s time for CHICKEN FAJITAS. It is a perfect meal to brighten up this greyish rainy day and bring a smile on our faces.
I have always been doing fajitas with chicken meat, as long as I can remember. I found it is more tasty with chicken meat, then with steak. But everybody has their own preferences, so if you wish having it with beef meat, go ahead and prepare your fajitas with steak. My kids love this dish, if they could, they would eat it every day. But for them, it can’t have peppers, cheese and tomatoes. Yes, if you counted right, we are left only with chicken and sour cream, hahaha! Don’t worry, this recipe won’t be my kids version of chicken fajitas.
And here are the ingredients and instructions how to prepare it.
- 5 chicken breasts
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 red peppers
- 1 cup cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 small tortillas of your choice
- 1 pkg fajitas seasoning
- Reheat large pan over medium-high heat and sweat chopped onion.
- Cut the chicken breasts on thin stripes and add it to the pan with the onion.
- Add the seasoning, salsa and cook for aprox. 20 min., or until the chicken has no more pink color inside.
- Add red bell peppers, cover with lid and cook for another 5-10 min or until peppers are soft, but not mushy.
- Serve the cooked chicken on plain fajita topped with sour cream and cheese. Wrap the fajita on sides and serve with chilled mojito! 🙂
You have to agree, that this recipe is fairly simple and everybody can prepare it. There is also many varieties of fajita recipe, as I mentioned before, you can exchange the chicken for beef (steak), you can add different kind of cheeses, you can add avocado and more. Peppers could be different colours, green or yellow. Mine was done only with the red bell pepper. If you don’t like sour cream, you can substitute for white yogurt or just don’t add the sour cream or yogurt at all.
Enjoy your meal or Bon Appetit!
If you have any questions about this recipe, please let me know.