Indulge in the golden glow of sweetness with our Golden Oreo blondies recipe – a decadent treat that marries the rich flavours of brown sugar, buttery goodness, and the irresistible crunch of Golden Oreos.
Why you’ll love this Golden Oreo blondies recipe
Elevate your dessert experience by making these stunning Golden Oreo Blondies – a delightful fusion of buttery gooey blondie goodness and the unique flavour profile of crunchy Golden Oreos, ensuring a treat that’s both comforting and super exciting.
There is nothing more satisfying than creating a batch of these Golden Oreo Blondies. This recipe not only offers a quick and easy baking adventure but guarantees a crowd-pleasing result. The perfect balance of sweet vanilla, golden cookie crunch, and a soft, chewy texture that’s surely will satisfy any sweet tooth. If you love Oreo cookies, then these Oreo Cheesecake cupcakes or Baked Oreo donuts will be a hit.
Unsalted butter: Butter provides richness and moisture to the blondies. The melted form ensures an easy incorporation into the batter, contributing to the dense and fudgy texture.
Light brown sugar: Brown sugar not only sweetens the blondies, but also adds a depth of flavour with its molasses content. The light brown sugar specifically imparts a subtle caramel note, enhancing the overall sweetness.
Eggs: Eggs act as a binding agent in the blondies, helping to hold the ingredients together. They also contribute to the structure and moisture content of the final product.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract adds a warm and aromatic flavour to the blondies, complementing the sweetness and providing a well-rounded taste.
All-purpose flour: Flour is the main dry ingredient that gives structure to the blondies. It thickens the batter and, when baked, creates the desired chewy texture.
Salt: Salt enhances the flavour of the blondies by balancing the sweetness and adding a subtle savoury element. It also helps to intensify the other flavours in the recipe.
Golden Oreo cookies: Golden Oreo cookies provide a unique flavour and delightful crunch to the blondies. They also create a visually appealing contrast with the golden hue against the blondie batter.
How to make golden Oreo blondie recipe
Step 1 – Preheat oven
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×9-inch baking pan or line it with parchment paper.
Step 2 – Mix wet ingredients
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together unsalted butter melted and brown sugar until well combined. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
Step 3 – Combine dry ingredients
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Step 4 – Combine wet and dry ingredients
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; you want a thick and gooey blondie texture.
Step 5 – Layer Oreo cookie & spread the batter
Take 9 Golden Oreo cookies and place them on the bottom of the brownie pan lined with 2 pieces of parchment paper. Pour the batter on top of the Golden Oreo cookies and spread the batter inside the pan. Even the surface of the batter with a spatula. Place another 9 Golden Oreo cookies on top of the batter.
Step 6 – Bake
Bake in the preheated oven for 25–30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out with moist crumbs.
Step 7 – Cool & serve
Allow the blondies to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into squares. Once cooled, cut into squares and enjoy these delicious Golden Oreo Blondies!
Variations to try
- Double Chocolate Golden Oreo Blondies: Add 1 cup of sweet chocolate chips to the batter. Swirl in chocolate fudge or Nutella for an extra chocolatey kick. Top the blondies with a drizzle of melted dark chocolate after baking.
- Salted Caramel Pecan Golden Oreo Blondies: Fold in chopped pecans (about 1 cup) to add a nutty crunch. Swirl in salted caramel sauce into the batter for a sweet and salty twist. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top before baking for an enhanced flavour profile.
- Cookies and Cream Golden Oreo Blondies: Crush the Golden Oreos (about 1 cup) and fold them into the batter. Mix in white & semisweet chocolate chips or chunks for added creaminess. Top the blondies with a layer of crushed Golden Oreo crumbs before baking.
- Citrus Burst Golden Oreo Blondies: Add the zest of one lemon or orange to the batter for a citrusy aroma. Mix in a handful of dried cranberries or blueberries for a fruity burst. Drizzle a simple citrus glaze (powdered sugar and citrus juice) on top after baking.
- Pumpkin Spice Golden Oreo Blondies: Incorporate 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin purée into the batter. Add a teaspoon of pumpkin spice for warm, autumn flavours. Top with a cream cheese frosting or a dusting of cinnamon after baking.
- Room Temperature: If you plan to consume the blondies within 1 or 2 days, you can store them at room temperature. Place the blondies in an airtight container or cover the baking pan tightly with plastic wrap. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Refrigeration: If you want to extend the shelf life, store the blondies in the refrigerator. Place them in an airtight container or wrap them tightly with plastic wrap. Before serving, allow them to come to room temperature for the best taste and texture.
- Freezing: If you plan to store the blondies bars for a longer period, consider freezing your Golden Oreo Blondies. Cut the blondies into individual squares and wrap each square in plastic wrap. Place the wrapped squares in a freezer-safe bag or airtight container. Label with the date for easy tracking. To thaw, unwrap and let them come to room temperature, or reheat very briefly in the microwave.
- Tips: Ensure that the blondies are completely cooled before storing to prevent condensation. If stacking layers of blondies, place parchment paper between the layers to prevent sticking.
- Precision in the ingredient measurements: Accurate measurements are crucial for the perfect texture in blondies. Use level measuring cups for dry ingredients and ensure that liquid measurements are precise. This consistency will help achieve the ideal balance of chewiness and moisture.
- Melted Butter Technique: Melt the butter gently, allowing it to cool slightly before incorporating it into the batter. This helps create a chewier texture in the blondies. Be cautious not to overheat the butter, as this can affect the texture and structure of blondies bars.
- Proper Mixing Technique: Mix the wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Overmixing can lead to a denser, less tender blondies. Use a spatula or wooden spoon, and when adding the dry ingredients, fold gently until there are no visible flour streaks. This ensures a light and fluffy texture.
- Golden Oreo Distribution: Distribute the Golden Oreo cookies evenly in the pan and then on top of the batter. This ensures that when cutting the bars, the knife will go around the cookies & not into the cookies.
- Precision in Baking Time: Keep a close eye on the baking time to prevent overcooking. Blondies are best when they are slightly underbaked, leaving them moist and chewy. The toothpick test should come out with moist crumbs, but not wet batter. Allow the blondies to cool completely in the pan to set before cutting for the perfect square.
FAQ’s Golden Oreo blondies recipe
You can bake the Golden Oreo Blondies ahead of time, allow them to cool completely, and then store them in an airtight container. They can be kept at room temperature for up to a week.
Yes, you can use salted butter, but be mindful of the overall salt content in the recipe. If using salted butter, consider reducing the added salt in the recipe to maintain the right balance of flavors.
Ensure the pan is properly greased or lined with parchment paper before pouring the batter. Additionally, allow the blondies to cool completely before cutting to prevent them from sticking to the knife.
Yes, you can try using egg substitutes such as applesauce, mashed banana, or a commercial egg replacer. Keep in mind that this may slightly alter the texture of the blondies.
All-purpose flour works best for the desired texture, but you can experiment with alternative flours like cake flour or a 1:1 gluten-free flour blend. Keep in mind that this may alter the final texture and taste.
- OREO CHEESECAKE CUPCAKES
- OREO DONUTS BAKED
- LEVAIN BAKEY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- PUMPKIN PIE SPICE CHEESECAKE BARS
- CLASSIC BROWNIES RECIPE
GOLDEN OREO BLONDIES RECIPE
- 1 Non-stick pan 9×9 inch
- 1 cup (226 g) unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups (400 g) light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (240 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 18 pieces Golden Oreo cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and packed brown sugar until well combined. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Take 9 Golden Oreo cookies and place them on the bottom of he brownie pan lined with parchment paper. Pour the batter on top of the Golden Oreo cookies and spread the batter inside the pan. Even the surface of the batter with a spatula. Place another 9 Golden Oreo cookies on top of the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out with moist crumbs (but not wet batter).
- Allow the blondies to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
- Once cooled, cut into squares and enjoy your delicious Golden Oreo Blondies!
Pin this recipe for later!